Bloom!

Monday, September 27, 2010

THE BELLY FAT CURE 15/6 VALUE - THE KEY TO SUCCESS

I will attempt to explain the meat of the BFC lifestyle plan.  No pun intended, but not a bad choice of words!   What does a daily total of 15/6 Value  look like per day?

Let's start with SUGAR: 15 grams of sugar is allowed per day. The Belly Fat Cure book has the Fruit listed on page 307. Say you eat a bowl of Blueberries in the morning, and 1 serving (1/4 cup) has a value 4/1. The rest of the day you have 11 grams of sugar to use, but no more than 11 grams or you will see the fat stay on your body! Anything under .5 grams is not counted.

The second part deals with the CARBOHYDRATE serving size. Notice I said "serving size'' not grams!   Let's say Blueberry's have a  4/1 value,   4 sugars/1 carb.  When it says a days total of 6 Carbs,  it means  6 servings,  a days total of 120 grams.  Carb servings are counted as follows:  5 -20 grams is 1 serving; 21 to 40 grams is 2 servings; 41 to 60 grams is 3 servings. Anything under 5 grams is not counted. 

The best way to learn this is to look at the Nutrition Facts listed on a package of bread. My bread has Sugar listed as 2 gr. (grams). Total Carbs as 18g. This breads serving size is for 1 slice (not a half dozen).  So if I eat 1 slice of toast for breakfast I have used a value of 2/1.  2 Sugar 1 Carb.  This is very good because  I  can eat 13 grams of sugar, and 5 servings of Carbs for the rest of the day. Most days I eat veges because they are healthy, and add fiber (35 gr. a day is best). I try to buy organic products and produce as much as possible because they tend to last longer, and are great tasting once sugar has left the table!

You'll get better when you start flipping cans, bottles, and packages over to read the Nutritional Facts on all the food products you handle while out shopping. It will eventually become a habit.  My personal rule of thumb is to keep the sugar values under 5 grams per meal, and have up to 40 grams of carbs per meal, 3 x's a day. My two (allowed) daily snacks  are nuts, or a vegetable that is under 5gr.  You will be amazed at the sugar/carb content that has gone into your body on a daily basis.  The teachers of your children will personally thank you for cutting out that  junk in your kids meals.  You will notice changes, and they will be many good ones! 
  
Okay, I hope this helps explain the 15/6 Value per day.  This is key to losing weight and maintaining it once you've reached your goals.   I suggest reading other BFC blogs. This is the eleventh week for me, but some people discovered this best kept secret over a year or two ago!   Their information is very helpful!

5 comments:

  1. HI Kasey, I found your blog and I will add it to my list to try to get some people over here for you. I loved that u explained the 15/6, but make sure that u stick to 5/ per meal. and veggies do have sugar and carbs in them. I wish they were free Look them up in the back of the book or there is a website that is very helpful to me: http://www.nutritiondata.com/.

    By the way u forgot to ell me what your year end goal will be to add to my list??

    Love your pictures - you look great. Keep it up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kasey, Thanks for following my blog. I really think it helps to follow others to get some really good ideas as well as support. I am following you now and will show on my blog that I am following you. It takes awhile to get followers but it will happen. You can just add your blog address like you did to mine and people can find it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rosalie and Diana! To Rosalie, this probably explains the reason I haven't dropped as much weight as others. So I will start looking veggies up. I have heard of the 5/ per meal. I will revise this section to fit the BFC plan too. My year end attempted goal will be to maintain a 138lb. body;) P.S. Wishful thinking!
    To Diana: they gave me a http://kaseysfit.blogspot.com/ but it doesn't work even after I verified it. So I didn't think it was working. Thank you for getting me started. I enjoy your blogs and keep getting healthier girls. You have achieved so much in such a short time - I'm looking forward to the same results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weight loss is a topic discussed by more than 90% of people in the world, people looking for fast and effective ways to lose weight. Many try to find the right weight loss center to have the ultimate weight loss control.

    The most common method people use is diet pills, but there has been talk that diet pills don't really work, they work if you are taking them and once you stop the pounds return. This happens when one only realize on diet pills to accomplish their goal. I want to help you understand the benefits of using a good diet pill and give you a way to keep off the pounds.



    For More Information : How To Belly Fat Cure Fast Track


    ReplyDelete