Bloom!

Friday, August 26, 2011

I've Been Gone Way Too Long...

I couldn't write another word about the BFC because I knew in my heart I'd be a hypocrite, and I was back on "sugar".   Think of a junkie needing a fix.   You see I am a carb addict, and after hitting the 5 months, 22lb. down mark, I began to venture out a little here, and then a little there.  I  eventually disappeared from my accountability as a Blogger following the BFC.   It took  five months to lose 22 lb. and three month to go from 165lb. to 175lb. , a weight gain of ten pounds!   Just when I had only thirty more pounds to go to reach my one year goal.   I have failed for this season, and now the road will take longer to reach.


These extra ten pounds are reminding me of why I started the Belly Fat Cure in the first place.  My poor feet are feeling the pain from walking all day on concrete on my job.  I've also gone up two pant sizes since I let go of the BFC.   The little cheats that I thought I could maintain within my lifestyle as a bit of a reward  are beginning to strangle me quite literally around the waistband.  My morning favorite is having a nice cold Carmel Frappe  once a week, and my weekend Fruit Crepes that I feel I can't live without are killing me, and bringing back  my belly bulge with a vengeance.  Believe me tight waist bands are no laughing matter!   Ouch!  It's much better to have pants falling off than to be in the throws of jeans that quiet literally squeeze the air out of you, and grip your belly button tell you want to scream uncle!


 I still remember the rules of the BFC, and half ass follow them, but it's the foods that I am unwilling to let go of that seem to be tripping me up.  I'd like to blame it on my age;  that it is so hard to lose weight!When I am following the BFC  I can lose 2 lb. a week when I'm keeping my food journal up to date, taking my probiotics, and  following the rules of the BFC (as mentioned in my previous blog).  That's pretty good for this ol' gal seeing as how I am too tired to exercise after work.  I maintain a physically demanding job throughout the week,  and a house that demands attention when I get home. 


To make a long story short I need the BFC/Fast Track in my life and I need this great bunch of gals who help when the journey gets tough.  I'm going to try again and make shorter goals this time to see if this helps free me from my carb overloading nature.  Please chime in if the mood strikes!  

12 comments:

  1. Hi Kasey, I am sorry to hear about the 10lbs. It;s funny how we think just a little here and there will not matter. If you don't have the Fast track menu I have a tab on my blog called: Jorge's menus and its on there.
    Jump back in and I know you will get that 10lbs back off and get to your goal.
    Take care and let me know if you need any help :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back:) I think that blogging really helps keep us on track. I am glad you are back and I know you can do this! Hopefully the 10 lbs will leave quickly and you will feel better in the waist band! That darn waist band:( I think Rosie is the only one that doesn't stray off course once in awhile.
    We can all do this if we all do it together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! I have you on my blog roll, but I'm not sure if I was just a lurker when you stopped blogging or not. I'm Dawn. Glad to see you back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back!!! Just get back on the wagon and you will be feeling better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kasey, I think I also started blogging after you stopped. I like the BFC diet because its the only one I feel I can stick to. I think one of the tricks is to find another way to eat the things you love. For instance for the Carmel Frappe that you love, why not try a homemade flavored coffee and add heavy cream! I make Hazelnut flavored coffee here and add the heavy cream to it and its delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kasey. I have you on my blog list as well, but don't think you were blogging when I started following. At least you nipped it in the bud with only a 10 lb gain. It's not so much and you will get back on track and get that off in no time. I have a blog too, not so great, but a place to talk about what's in my head. I am a slow loser because, like you, I don't want to give up some of the things I love. The sugar is Ok, but those carbs I tend to overdo. Good luck as you get back on track. You did it once, you can do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss Kasey!!! I have missed you my friend!! Glad to see you back here & ready to get back on the wagon again. We have all fallen off a time or two (or three or four...!!!) but the best part is that every day we get to wipe the slate clean & start anew! Its a great thing! So its time to forgive yourself for the little gain, dust yourself off, & hop back on the wagon with us!
    Your "sisters" are here to love & support you!
    Welcome back!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Kasey! The important thing is that you have realized it and are making a decision to do something about it! We will all fall off the wagon, that is part of this. But getting back on and doing what needs to be done is what will matter. xoxo Amber

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been trying to write a few times to comment and thank you ladies for your encouraging words. Blogger is not letting me comment for some reason. I can Blog but no longer leave comments? Ummm, that's what happened to Helen's account also. So trying again now to see if they are going to let me. A big thank you for your push in the right direction...

    ReplyDelete
  10. YEA, it works now after a few trys...but none the less.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Let me welcome you back too. Your opening picture is beautiful. You always have interesting pictures for all of us. You ,Helen, Amber,Sherri, and of course Rosy were on my list that I looked forward to reading,,, Then I was able to add Kay and Dawn. Everyone is so helpful and encouraging.
    I also thought I could eat things that were over the 15/6 LOL And my weight came back on fast,,, Now I lost 10# with 20 more to go. I'm finding it difficult as you said aging makes it harder, although you are not nearly close to my 74 years. I'm happy all the girls are doing this while young enough to enjoy the older years that befall us all LOL
    I missed you and I miss Helen. I wish she would have left her blog on so I could go back over some of her good messages.
    Linda (Baltimore)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My dear Kasey I am glad you are back and me too! I did not do so well this week though. I dont know what it is. I guess the past few months after surgery and only following the BFC half of the time has made me a little lazy. I know it is all a mind over matter but it still is a hard road. My pants are tighter and my belly bigger. I dont want to keep this up or I will be back where I started. I am up 5lb but will be more if I dont get a grip. Glad we have each other and all the other gals to help us out.

    ReplyDelete