Bloom!

Monday, May 30, 2011

The Belly Fat Cure by Jorge Cruise

The basic thing to remember when starting out a new weight loss plan is to keep it simple, so you can work it, and it doesn't get tossed to the side, and neglected.   The Belly Fat Cure by Jorge Cruise is a very simple lifestyle plan when you follow it, and more importantly stay with it! 

The basic thing to learn is this:   S Value = SUGAR15 grams daily.  Yes, it's that simple for sugar, and now if you're following me and you drank a soda today you will be  amazed to know one can of Pepsi has 41 grams of  sugar in it!  POG (a beloved Hawaiian juice)  has 38 grams of sugar.  Too lose the Belly Fat soda's must go!

The second basic thing to learn is this:  C Value =  CARBOHYDRATE.   6  servings daily or 120 grams allowed per day.    One serving has 5 to 20 grams.  Two servings has 21 to 40 grams.  Three servings has 41 to 60 grams, and so on.  A food item that has under 5 grams count as 0.

Do away with the "cheat" foods.   By this I mean no Maple Scone from Starbucks in the mornings, and forget the Latte's!   Diet Sodas too,  have become taboo, even when  you think you're drinking a can with  zero calories  because of the Aspartame, or Splenda added to them, along with  other harmful chemicals.


Let's start with SUGAR: 15 grams of sugar is allowed per day. The Belly Fat Cure book has the Fruit listed on page 307. You eat one serving (1/4 cup) of Blueberries in the morning.  You've used 4 grams of sugar, and have 11 grams remaining for the day.    Our daily total is 15 grams, and even better to stay under that!
 
Let's not forget the CARBOHYDRATE in the Blueberry serving of 1/4 cup.  The Blueberry's have a  4/1 value,   4 sugars/1 carb.  You now have 5 Carbohydrate "servings"  left for the day.  Our daily total is 6 servings, or 120 grams allowed daily.

I am writing this today so it sinks into my thick skull as a refresher course for me, since I began with a bang, and now I am sinking, but still trying to swim, and stay afloat.  I've been reading other diet books, health plans, call it what you will,  and I've been taking all the good points and information from them.  Basically everyone who has studied OBESITY in America is saying the same thing.   That Belly Fat is dangerous to one's health, and it effects all of our organs, and it needs to go!   Lucky you if you don't have a problem with it.  I never did when I was young, active,  and had a stress free life, and I never thought I'd become obese either. 
Two areas I am working on this week are: drinking 64 oz. of water a day.
Walking or doing something active for one hour a day outdoors.   I've been on my feet since 4:30 a.m. this morning, either standing or walking for my full time job,  and it's the last thing I want to do when I come home.  But walking is also a great way to lose belly fat, and my doggies agree, so off we go for an hour.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Kasey
    I have been reading your blog along with Rosy, Helen, and (Sherrie's until she stopped).Amber gave your names as ones that would be beneficial. And they are. I have learned a lot from you all. I'm trying to get these numbers right in my thick skull too, In this blog under lets start with sugar you show 1/4 cup blueberries has 4 grams sugar. with 11 to go for a total of 15. Was it a typo that says anything under 5 grams is not counted?( thats for the carbs only right?
    Your pictures are beautiful and the Seabury Fair looked like a fun place to be.
    I started over with BFC after going back to old way of eating,,,, wasn't long before the fat was back. Today is day 4. I'll be looking for hints from you girls,,,,Thanks
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI kasey,
    All good info but I think Linda is right. On the Blueberry thing, Linda she means anything under 5 is not counted for carbs. All sugars are counted.
    But a good thing to do is to add up all you foods together for each meal and count them that way.
    I hope you have a great day over there. All your pictures always look so beautiful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all need to remind each other of the way things are set up:) I did not know, or chose not to look that there were any carbs in Blueberries. Whoops! I know it works for me! Thanks for the reminders:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. Just found your blog. I started working the BFC last year. Sadly I have not mastered it the way many have. I have the sugar under control for the most part, but the carbs always get me. I am starting fresh again tomorrow like it's the first time. I like your synopsis of the program. I agree with those above that you have to count all sugars. I am going to pull out the book and start again. My mother has lost a lot of weight with Weight Watchers and kept it off for 5 years. I downloaded the calculator app for my ipad, as well as the calorie counter app. This app is great because you can put in what you want to track, and I put in sugar, carbs, fiber and calories. It keeps a running total and also shows what you had for each meal. I love it because I hate to write, but it remembers things you ate, so you can just pick from foods you eat frequently.So I keep track of my BFC totals. Because I still tend to overdo some things ( like cheese!) and I am also going to track the WW points. You can have 29 a day. This will help me keep the portions in control and still stay within the BFC limits. It sounds complicated, but it's really easy. You just put in your numbers and the app does the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda, Yes for carbs only, and under 5 grams are free. Sugar we count all grams up to 15 grams allowed per day. You don't have to eat 15 grams, and less of course would be better. Remember 120 grams of carbs daily, or 6 servings are 120 grams, 6 x 20 grams. One serving is equal to 5 to 20 grams. It's easy after about the 3rd week to start reading labels and adding things up. Keep it simple. Good information Pattie, I will try to download these two applications on my husbands ipad. Is it easy to do? I love cheese too, mostly Feta. Carbs get me too. I'm a big eater so I will put the WW points in too if I can figure out how to do all this. Thank you for your lovely input Rosalie, Kay, Linda, and Pattie. I hope we can continue helping each other become the women we are, better, and better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Linda, I caught the mistake the second time I reread it! You were right, it was a flub, not a typo, so I deleted it:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kasey, I didn't know how to reply to your questions without going to your page? Is there a way to email each other? I am still pretty new at this.
    The picture of my hubby and I was taken at Dukes on Waikiki. I have been to Maui with girlfriends for our 50th birthday's. It is BEAUTIFUL as you know. My husbands job involves a lot of travel so we use Hilton points to stay at the Hilton Hawaiin Village. He hasn't been to Maui yet:( I would love to go and stay a month when we are in the middle of winter!
    I love that we have this kind of forum to keep each other on track!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can either reach me on Facebook - Karen Kodani, or email me at Coachksk@yahoo.com Thanks, Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kasey
    Not to make a big deal of the S/C numbers,,,
    But,, I was reading over Jorge's book today and on page 11 under A. Know your sugar it says anything under.5 grams is not counted. I don't remember reading that before. Maybe that's where you thought it was 5 instead of .5
    Thanks for commenting to me.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kasey, the app I was talking about is called calorie counter. It is from fat secret. You can set up an account with fat secret on your computer and if you download the app onto the IPAD, and even the droid phone (I'm sure it works with other phones too) it will sync all information between the three. I love the app. You can track 4 areas of nutritional data. I picked sugar, carbs, fiber and calories. It remembers things from meal to meal, so you just select and save and it keeps track of your daily totals as well as each meal. There is also a weight watcher app, that's unofficial, but you put in protein, fat and carbs and it tells youthe point value. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good information dear. I have More stuff about Tips to Fight against Belly Fat to share.

    ReplyDelete