Bloom!

Monday, March 7, 2011

CLIMBING TO THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN

My lofty goal for my Birthday was to weigh in a good deal lighter, but as of mid-February I was struggling with the BFC lifestyle, and I decided I would loosen up the strings a bit!  Whoa!  Too much were loosened and I gained a few too many pounds back,  so today I am rededicating myself to losing my next twenty pounds! 

Everyday I am faced with unhealthy food choices (bad carbs) , and seeing that I have stopped  writing in my food journal,  taking my probiotics, walking, and in general, eating items outside the approved BFC lifestyle,  it's beginning to show again on my hips, my stomach, and I see a little more fat under my chin! Oh MY!

I think the reason why I was getting tired of following the BFC lifestyle after 5.5 months, is because I am not a very good planner.  I have always lived by the seat of my pants, and I just go.  I think to be successful on the BFC it takes planning on all levels.  Take grocery shopping for example, when I began the BFC on July 1,  I whipped up a routine of shopping on Saturday's. I started the morning out by buying my fresh vegetables,  then I would  get my eggs, cheese, meats, and other necessary BFC items, like Vitamins, Fish Oil... Lately however, I am not following my routine, and I am running low, or out of the items I normally keep on hand.  Thus causing me to rummage through my fridge, and it's not all good if you know what I mean. Too much Naan bread is not a good thing.

I know Jorge says you don't have to exercise to lose weight on the BFC, but personally I've found walking on a daily basis is one key that helps speed up the process of weight loss.  I've noticed because I'm not into my walking routine everyday after work, my weight is coming back with a vengeance.

I was shopping in Whole Foods yesterday, and one of the Sales Associates (my age group)  said she lost twenty pounds last year, and then she said she gained it all back this year.  I asked her what caused her to regain her weight, and she said, "I love my carbs", and that's the same as saying I love my desserts, sugar, breads, milk, my morning Frappe's.  You get the picture...

Well,  upon leaving the store I felt like this was a little sign from up above telling me, if I'm not careful I too can gain it all back.  It took me month at my age to lose weight, and I don't want to start at square one, so today I am going to start climbing the mountain to get to the top!  If I slide down the hill, it won't be to the bottom,  a few feet or two is all I'll allow  myself before I wake up and start again.

I have read on Rosalie's blog that she stops eating carbs after 3:00 p.m., which is a very helpful tip, she is amazing and our fearless leader!  Helen is  a dynamo on her routines, and has the stuff to never waiver.  Sherri  has the taste of victory and wants to walk in those lower digits so bad.  Diana, your big heart will carry you there! Lindsey and Katie, thank you for your fresh input, and your practical advice, and support. I love it when Lisa chimes in now and again, because she has made the top, and understands.  Girls keep blogging about the most beneficial things you do to lose weight.  We can all be successful and reach the top of this monumental mountain with a little help from our friends.   

6 comments:

  1. Kasey, What a great blog! I am sure we all have been in your shoes many many times. We just have to realize that this has to be a life time eating plan not just for a few months and then we are done. You just hit a road bump and then you will be back on the straight a narrow. I am trying to lower my carbs everyday now and see if that helps the weight loss again. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love you Kasey and I KNOW you can do this. You just need to find the right strategy for you that's all, and I KNOW you will!

    How I admire your willingness to try try try again! That really is the ticket kiddo.

    I am so glad you posted, I love your blog and I have missed it and been worried about you. I had a feeling you were struggling, but remember, struggling makes us stronger and teaches us what we need to do, even if the struggle is no fun.

    Hang in there, we are all behind you. You are NOT climbing alone, we all on that Mountain too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kasey, I'm glad you posted I have also missed you and been thinking about you. You hit it right on the head, if we don't plan we won't do very well. I echo what Helen said " you are not climbing alone, we are all on that mountain too"

    As Sherri has taught me, forgive yourself and move on you can do it.

    Have you tried any of the carb swap recipes in the bfc for frapps? I haven't tried them, but they look tasty and they might help you resist the sugar ladden coffee house frapps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Kasey!! :) thank you for mentioning all of us, that was sweet of you. :) I have worried about once losing some of this weight gaining it back, but we gotta try to make this a lifestyle the best we can. We gotta try to think how healthy and great we will feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl! Excellent post! We have all been there & done that for sure! Believe in yourself and you will find the strength to keep on keepin on!!
    We are most definitely climbing with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kasey...is everything ok with you? I heard about the tsunami affecting the Hawaiian islands and I am praying that you are safe. Please let us know if you are alright. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete