Bloom!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

I've been at a loss for words, so hence no post lately from this corner of the world.   Let's see where to begin.  I''ll begin with the most important person in my life, and that's my Mom.   She had Heart surgery a few weeks ago on her valve, and she was in the hospital for one week.  She is home now recuperating and my Dad is taking very good care of her.  I made the decision not to fly back based on what she said, 'that she would be fine', and 'to come after  she's on her feet  so we can do fun things  together', and that 'she'll get her sea legs back in no time, and feel like going again'.  I called everyday to check on her progress, and about the third day after her surgery she sounded really good.  My Mom said the nurses only offer you pain meds if you really need them and she didn't need to take any, so she must be one very tough cookie.  Now about a week later I hear how big her incision is, all the way down to her bellybutton, and that the surgery took about 6 hours.  Mother's always want to protect their babies, even when the baby is a 56 year old women!  I had no idea from the sound of it, coming from her own mouth, that this was such a major surgery!  Well thank the great Lord above she is up and walking the hood, visiting friends, and chillin as she's on the mend, and is getting back in her routines.  I'm still deciding when I should fly back, and it's probably going to be this coming May.

I had promised a friend of mine over two months ago that I would cut Plumeria's for a huge sale that he is participating in for the Southern California Plumeria Society  in Balboa park  on  April 2 and 3 from 10am to 4pm.   I sent him about 65 cuttings of several beautiful  varieties  I found on the West side, and he will be there selling his wares.   If you want to smell,  see,  and grow a Plumeria check out the location on Face Book under the name of the Southern California Plumeria Society.   It looks like  everyone has a good time choosing their favorite cutting, and getting good advice on how to raise them once you get them home. It's all about getting the flavor of the Islands!  For those of you who live in Snow Country, they need lots of sun, heat, a dryer climate, so I'll post some pictures that I took. Just close your eyes and imagine how a rose, and a gardenia combined together smells, then you will know the fragrance of a  Plumeria.

It saddens me that Border's, my favorite bookstore is closing their doors. Today's sale included  everything from  20 - 40% off on  in the entire store.  I bought my son a journal, and I bought  Taylor Swift's new dvd.   I held the Primal Defense book in my hands, but I decided to wait for it to come down in price by possibly next weekend to buy it.  The shelf still had a lot of his books, and above it was about nine Belly Fat Cure books.  If you live near a Border's Book Store check to see if their doors are closing so you can get some awesome deals. My friend no longer has her job there after they go out of business, and she said she feels so sad because she loved her job! Not many people can say, they love their job!  She's not sure what she is going to do, but has already applied to a lot of places.  She's a people person, she'll land another good job.

Well I've gained four pounds back, and everyday I keep saying I'm going to start over, and stick to it!   My best friend told me today that she heard the best days to start something is on a Monday and a ? Sorry, I can't remember the other day.  So I am promising all my Sista's out there that I am committing my Monday (tomorrow)  to all of you.  Why does sugar keep pulling me back into it's web? Boy, do I feel it too.  My husband said to me the other day, "you better get back into your diet because you were doing really good, and now you can't remember a damn thing, and you're all over the place".   Unfortunately I have to agree.  I might have to go back to the bookstore to get the Primal Defense so I can get a jump start. Aloha everybody, and have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. Man, Kasey you have been through a lot lately. First of all I'm glad your Mom's surgery went well and I hope she has a smooth recovery. I hope your friend finds another job she loves, what a pain that she has to go look for one now. I don't know one person that enjoys looking for a new job.

    I'm glad you posted, we have all missed you...we would love to have you back on the bfc wagon with us. I know you can do it, try not to be too hard on yourself on gaining a little back...just get back on the horse. We are here for you so please let us know how we can encourage and support you. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kasey, Sorry to hear about your mom and hope she recovers very fast. I too live in an area where the Borders is closing, very sad for all those jobs s the first thing that I thought of.
    I have missed your blogs and know that you can get back on track. Your flowers look beautiful!
    Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have checked your blog every day Kiddo, and I almost did not tonight, but I am so glad I did. Over time I have learned that is when you are NOT posting that you need a friend. I wish I lived closer so I really could be one.

    My mother had the exact same surgery and the scar is a big one for sure. However your Mom sounds as strong as her daughter. Definitely go and see her, as you plan. In the meantime I would call her, even if all you say is "how are you?", she will know you care, and Mom's LOVE that, no matter how big their babies are! My bet is the sound of your voice will be excellent medicine.

    Thanks for the description of the smell of plumeria, I really wondered how they smelled, but I could not find a tactful way to say so on FB. Tact is not my strong point lately. I seem to have advanced foot-in-mouth disease. So, if I say anything in this message that offends, please forgive me.

    My son and I went to the Borders warehouse here to look for bargins, and it made me sad. I loved Borders too, and I guess my memebership card is useless now, but I am going to leave it in my wallet.

    Primal Defense? Do you mean Mark Sisson's book The Primal Blueprint? If so, you can read most of the important parts of it online at his site MarksDailyApple.

    As for the diet, when you are ready all of your "sisters" will be here for you. Just as we are whether you are dieting or not.
    (())
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Girl! Geez, I dont know how I missed your entry but I did. My apologies for not commenting sooner. Glad your mom is on the mend. That surgery isnt a walk in the park by any means, so I am glad to hear she is improving! My dad had open heart and it took him about 3 months to get back to himself and resuming his activities. He got very depressed because he couldnt do what he did pre op. It does take time but she will be tip top in no time!
    You hang in there with the diest. Sometimes we just lose our steam but its important to continue to ask ourselves how badly we want it and if we are willing to put forth the neccessary effort. If you arent at this time, that ok. When you are ready, you will be back full force and you will pick up where you left off. We are all here for you and love you!! Be kind to yourself....forgive & move forward!! :)
    ((Hugs)) to you girlfriend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks girls! I always love hearing your encouraging and positive comments! You are all gems in my book:) To Helen: Yes, I did mean Primal Blueprint, and I had to laugh at that part because maybe my subconscious is on the defense! Hehe... Well anyway I'm going in on Saturday to see how the sale is progressing and to take another look at that book, and others. Love ya'll.

    ReplyDelete