Bloom!

Monday, January 17, 2011

Jorge Cruise "No Fail Menu" for Women Over 40

Murphy's law is an adage or epigram that is typically stated as: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong".     I began January with such great optimism that things were going to be easier this year.  We are only chipping away at week three in January,  and  already we have one broken washer (two yr. old),  one  engine  pau (finished) on our Ford Ranger , and  my  truck  wouldn't start  this morning.  I spent most of Saturday in  Emergency with my husband who was given antibiotics for an infection, and visited the doctor today to see if the antibiotics are working, he seems a little better.    After Dr. appointment went to Sears, and put a Die Hard battery in my truck, and it's running good again. Gained three pounds back in the last two weeks.  Stress makes me eat!  I've gotten into my Macadamia  Roca that I swore off in December, and I'm  literally, but  not physically  falling down!  I feel like a damn alcoholic (as "they" do stumble around a little)!   I don't want to wonder what is going to happen in the next two weeks to get us to February.  As far as my weight loss goal goes, it's getting further away, instead of closer to my reach.  I had only 10 lb. to go for my first real goal, and now I have 13 lb.
So as I'm writing all this down,  I'm thinking to myself- I have to keep it simple stupid!   Start at the beginning when things were working, and my weight was coming off:  I write because the answers come...so I will...
Start with Jorge's "No Fail Menu" for Women Over 40 as found on his web page @ http://jorgecruise.com/  
BREAKFAST:   2 or 3 eggs any style with one slice of whole grain toast with a pat of butter or cream cheese.   Coffee with cream or half and half.
SNACK:   1/4 cup of walnuts
LUNCH:  Tuna or turkey with my favorite cheese and lettuce wrapped in a medium whole grain tortilla.  Glass of unsweetened iced tea with lemon.
SNACK:  1 serving of string cheese.
DINNER:  Salad with baby spinach, grilled chicken,  olive oil, pepper, with a side of either broccoli or zucchini, sauteed in butter and topped with melted mozzarella.
DESSERT:  Decaf espresso with a dollop of heavy whipped cream sprinkled with cinnamon.  Add  a packet of Stevia, or Truvia if you want to sweeten it.  When you join Jorge Cruise online site he will send this menu, and another page of what other foods you can use instead of these during week one, and it's to get you started and to help with a weight loss up to four pounds.  I will try to tackle this during the week, and let you know the results next Tuesday.  Then again...
I will try one more week, and then another week, until I get back on some kind of track that leads me back to my one year goal.  Hope everyone has a better week ahead and that you can outwit Murphy's  law in your lives!   Lord, I need a huge dose of  faith right about now, and pour some on my Sista's while you're at it!

7 comments:

  1. Wow looking great!! Good job :) I can see a major difference from the first to last picture. I can't wait til I can start taking pictures. Its like we are the incredible shrinking women. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all part of it, going ahead, dealing with struggle, be it car engines or macadamia nuts, falling back, recovering, replanning and going on. In life and in health, it is all the same.

    You will make it Kasey, because you have a plan to cope with your struggles, and because you are focused, and stronger than you think you are.

    Kick those macadamia nuts to the curb if they are irresistable to you during times of stress. I don't keep things in the house that I cannnot resist. Period.

    And,BTW,Thank you for your support. It means so much to me. (())'s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kasey my friend... Ok,first off...life happens and we arent perfect. Forgive yourself and move forward. Tomorrow is a new day, another day to push the restart button. actually, you dont even have to wait til tomorrow to do that...you can do it right now! We all have those kinds of days and sometimes weeks. Know that you are not alone and that it is ok. Heck...I can do more damage than 3 pounds when I am not behaving.
    Things are looking up my friend! Remember, "What you think about, you bring about" so think positive thoughts!!! We can do ANYTHING we set our minds to and we are gonna do this together!!!
    Hang in there girlfriend!!!
    Sending you a big ole ((hug))!!!
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kasey, life throws us curve ball sometimes. The only thing I think we have learned following the bfc is that we can get back on plan. Dont beat yourself up over it...we all do it. I have been looking for the women over 40 menu and I can not find it. I signed up for it again like i did in the past and now there are different menus not the over 40...what could I be doing wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diana I could fax it to you if you'd like. I know Jorge changed is web page, but let me go look at the link and I'll write it down here. Be right back. And THANK YOU LADIES YOU ARE ALL MY INSPIRATION TO KEEP ON TRUCKIN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I think I've got it. When I first found Jorge online I went to: http://jorgecruise.com/ then on the right side in that box it says sign up here to join. When I did, I received 3 pages. The last page is a contract to sign for my own benefit to loss weight for me. The first page is the Over 40's, and the 2nd page list more foods to substitute with the items on the first page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I work at night 1215 until 0630 in the morning what would be the best way for me to start this new diet

    ReplyDelete