Bloom!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Gain a Pound, Taketh Away

Today was an accomplished one, but  not so much in the weight loss department because this area has been a bit like a yo yo for me this past month.    As far as tying up loose ends, and finishing my honey do list to myself,  I may  be making some  head way after all.   It began this morning when my neighbor drove up,  and said he forgot he promised to come by and  take a look at my broken,  two year  old washing machine,  over  three weeks ago!   I was  debating if I was going to take a loss on it,  and buy a new one.   He looked at it,  cleaned the filter (which I didn't know it had),  and now it runs like a charm,  with  no more leaking.   So the money I saved has now gone into  truck repairs!  Over the past few weeks  my husband and I are sharing one vehicle, while we look for another.  Last week I had to replace my truck's battery, and also had Sears give me a quote on an alignment, and on a new tire.  While driving this week I noticed bad sounds coming from my brakes.   When I drove my truck to Sears this morning,  and I had them go over it with a fine tooth comb.  I'm a "gas and go" girl,  and I've owned my truck  for  five years.   I've paid very little attention to it,  so quite literally I ran the tires off it.  Today is the first day it got treated like a "Queen",  and it is still in the shop!  New brakes, an alignment, one new tire and rotation, and an oil change will make her day!   I'm so happy all this got accomplished in a day and a half, and not another three weeks (Maui time).
While waiting for my repairs, and for Sears to call,  I stayed in the Mall and watched two movies.   The first movie I watched  was The Rite, and  thought it was done quite well.  I watched the second movie, The Black Swan which was a little more scary, and amazing because of the ballet in it,  the acting, and the storyline.  Natalie Portman should win an Oscar!  I recommend both movies!   So this is my day in a nutshell.  I hope all my Skinny Mini Sista's are doing well on their BFC'ing and F.T.'ing.  My weight  for the month of January has been,  gain  a pound,  taketh away.  So I'm going to believe February is going to be my month for positive change,  and for less major task on my honey do  list!

6 comments:

  1. Kasey girl! Glad to hear that your washing machine is now fixed and the truck is too. It seems when things go on the fritz, when it rains it pours and everything goes to the birds. We had that happen one week last year. 3 major appliances went in the same week, hot water heater,something with the car & then one other thing...I cant remember. I do remember that I wanted to cry & pull my hair out though.
    So Tuesday starts yet another month and I beleive it will be a good one for all of us! Keep on keepin on my friend!!! Have a great Sunday!
    ((Sherri))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that all is coming together for you, Kasey! Just think what February will bring us! This IS going to be our year, with postive action, commitment and serendipity, our dreams are moving forward! I loved your comment on my last blog post, and have commented on it there. Blessings to you and all our sister on the BFC and or the FT! Keep on believing in your dreams ladies...we will all get there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kasey - I hope you are having a great day. It's great to hear that things are getting fixed. I saw both of those movies and I loved them both. I love scary movies and Anthony Hopkins was OMG scary and you are right about Natalie, definitely should win an award.
    My weight goes up and down all the time. Just when I think I lost 2lbs they come right back. But before you know it they will get lost again.
    Keep on BFC ' n :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kasey, I am glad to hear that washing machine of yours is not working like a charm. It seems like when one thing breaks another soon to follow....boy life. I really want to see black swan I heard it was a great movie. My husband just had gall bladder surgery so we have not done much the past few days. Lets hope that next month will be our month in the weight loss department. I am sure ready to see a pound or two leave this body.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you friends for your beautiful comments! I hope your husband is recovering well Diana. Let's all dream big for ourselves in February, and see what positive things can happen! Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of the Rite yet. I gotta watch the trailer, because I love scary movies. The Black Swan looks great with Natalie Portman. Some months are going to be not much on the weight lose, I have had that in the past, but you have done awesome so far! Keep up the great work and glad you got everything fixed. Sometimes when one things starts to break, they all do. I have had that problem many of times.

    ReplyDelete