Bloom!

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Didn't Drop Off The Face Of The Earth

This computer chair has been my butt's best friend for over a  few weeks now as  I arrive home from work and begin searching  the  car adds on  Craigslist, and other search engines for hours.  Today my husband and I spent the whole day test driving Pre-owned vehicles all over this frigging island, and  drove back to our home more confused than ever.  He started out liking the Mini Coopers, and this phantom,  silver Honda 2000s that sounds like a pretty good deal,  but I'm not even sure the women who advertised it, still owns it.  I on the other hand,  am  leaning towards getting a Toyota Rav4, or a Convertible Volkswagen.   So you can see where this is going... we rarely agree on anything.  If we lived in Honolulu  I know we'd be driving around in a Pre-owned vehicle by now since they have so many car lots, and that island is more populated. I've found so many great deals in their adds already, but arranging shipping, and flying over takes time I just don't have.    Maui cars have high mileage, and today at one car dealer, I  saw a rear bumper with at least six bullet holes  in it.  That car must have been purchased  from the  Los Angeles Auctions!
We are still sharing one ride, and sorting through our appointment times, and work schedules, and it has been a little nerve racking getting the car back so the other one can drive off again.  I've packed on  five pounds, due to having  this chair stuck to my behind for over the past few weeks, as  I search for the best ride, the best mileage, the biggest bang for our buck, as  my little dogs continue to chew their  Nyla bones below,  waiting for the day they will get to go  for a walk up the hill.   Tomorrow is Sunday, and we are going out again to see a few more cars, Yippee!  BTW:  All you girls look terrific who are sticking with the BFC lifestyle, and not fudging over the fudge.  Good Night Moon!

7 comments:

  1. HI Kasey, I know how frustrating it is looking for a used car. Remember I just got one a few months back. I got mine at CarMax over here in southern California, but I know you probably don't have them there.
    Take some time today and just go for your walk and clear your head. Then when it is meant to be - you will find your car-mate. Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kasey!!!
    Its good to be back online after a week of vacation but it sounds like you havent been posting much so I didnt miss anything Im thinking. I hate car shopping!!! I feel your pain. We bought a used car about 10+ yrs ago and they sold us a LEMON!!! OMG, so many problems with that car and when confronted they didnt want to hear from us. Ever since that experience, I have only bought a new car. I understand that it is difficult to get a car in HI with the islands being far apart. Good luck in your search and forgive yourself for the gain & get back on the wagon again! Its a new day!! Take those poochies out for a walk today...it will do you all good!!
    Have a great day girl!!
    ((Sherri))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kasey, I am glad you did not fall off the face of the earth. I would have missed you so much. I hate car shopping so I know how you feel on that how stressful. So I cross my fingers for you and hope something comes your way. I am sure your little doggies feel the same way. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed you. That car IS out there! Pet your sweet babies and walk them in the sunshine. Give your brain a break. When you least expect it the car you have been looking for will be available to you. Sending the strongest possible positive vibes your way girlfriend! Never mind that 5lbs., just keep on keeping on as best you can. Lots of small steps make a mile or lose a pound before you know it. (())
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kasey, I'm so glad you posted, I've been thinking about you and wondering how you are doing. I feel your pain about the whole car thing, we had our car stolen a little over a week ago and now we have to go through the pain of dealing with insurance and finding a new car.
    Try to take good care of yourself, whether it's a good book, long bath a mani or pedi or whatever, cuz stress contributes to keepin us fat. Hang in there and don't give up!!!
    And I just wanted to share that I have joined the bfc blog club: katies-bfc.blogspot :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to hear from everyone. Welcome Katie to the gang! Welcome home Sherri from your vacation too! Well I got a vehicle. Today my friend and I are driving by a house that had a small sign in the window of a 2001 black Volkswagon for a mere 3,000, and the owner of it bought a brand new Honda Accord. She sold it to me, and as I was driving it to our house, I heard a kid say, Punch Buggy! Now I'm out cleaning it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your car choices, Ive always wanted a convertible but Im not sure it is practical for me yet! Sounds like you got a great deal too!!

    ReplyDelete