Bloom!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Second Time Is Better

My first attempt to try the Women Over 40 Menu for one week  began on the the 18th of January and ended seven days later.   I celebrated a two pound loss.   By February 1st I stepped out of bed and onto the scale and weighed  169.4.  OUCH!  A gain of  4 pounds in  six days, is this possible?  Apparently so, and so ends my depressing month of January!   I could say, another New Years resolutions winds up in the trash, but then I'd be telling a little white lie, because I know better than to make a N.Y. resolution.   Remember when I said I was going to keep it simple stupid (KISS), and I went back to the basics with this menu, that just so happens to work for me.  It's so simple a caveman can do it.  No offense to cavemen if you happen to read blogs and all.  So a second attempt is made, just like I've made the attempt to be funny, and in case my little joke doesn't go over well,  I'm sorry.  In any case just laugh anyway because it does the body good!  I'm going to practice what I preach for this month of February since January was not so red hot and I didn't laugh much. 

Now my second attempt begins  on February 1.  Following the Jorge Cruise's menu for Women Over 40 again.   My start weigh is  169.4,  and  seven days have passed and  I am again seeing a nicer number on the scale of 167.6.  BREAKTHROUGH!  Dance, Dance, Dance...   Another loss of 2 pounds, and still I am not at my lowest weight since I began the BFC.   The only difference now is  I have more confidence to follow the path of least resistance;  a simple menu plan with a few tweaks here and there,  and a few BFC friendly additions.  Keeping the very basic BFC nature in it works!  It's easy to follow, and hopefully next week I can say I lost those "two rebounding pounds"!  I am ready to take a new step into  The Land Forgotten!  I hope I remember what curves feel like once I travel that far in.  What's it going to feel like to have a flat tummy Oh My!

5 comments:

  1. Your blog had me laughing today Kasey hehe!! Your quite the comedian about the caveman and the curves remark. ;) I thought it was cute! Anyways, weight loss is always going to be tricky, especially for us women. I have to take thyroid meds or my weight would probably never come off. I think that is one of the reason my weight started to come off again so quickly is because my doc doubled my dosage in the last 3 weeks. Anyways you have done a great job and we are always going to play with the ups and down of those stubborn 5 lbs. So don't ever get discouraged. I know I am not and as long as we keep all our fellow bloggers staying motivated, I think we can all reach our end goals! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Kasey, I really don't think that cavemen read, but whatever..:-)
    I agree w/Lindsay. I think it is harder for us women to lose and I always went up and down those 5lbs overnight before I started the BFC and never thought twice about it.
    Once we get to our goal - we need to remember that.
    Have a great day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your blog today Kasey, and I too wonder what it will be like to have a flat tummy again! Won't it be great to find out! I am SURE that we will and really I can't wait, can you? I wrote in my blog today, though I said I wasn't going to, but that was just me doing discouraged. Weigh ins are such a bummer, but then I think of Rosalie and how she never gave up, and I know I can do it too! Don't give up Kasey, just keep tweaking, you WILL find the formula that works for you!
    Wishing you the very best, today and always.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl!! Yes indeed, you are quite the comedian!! lol. Cute post! I hear ya on the January thing,..I didnt lose much either...2.8# to be exact but I am still plugging away and wont quit and I know you wont either! Keep on keepin on my frined. Slowly but surely, we will get there!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kasey, such a cute and funny blog. I am so jealous that you have that women over 40 menu. I sure wish when I had it I wouldnt have thrown it in the trash. I know I have told you before you cant get it anymore. I am still holding the same weight for the past month. I also gained about 6lbs in one week so dont be surprised when the scale goes up and down.

    ReplyDelete