Bloom!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Keep Trying Until You Get It Right!

Lately I've found a common thread to my weight gain of five pounds. SUGAR!  Yes, it's slipping in through the crevices of the damn I've built over the past 33 weeks.  I've  put one finger in the spot to plug it up!   My brain is the plug, it screams,  STOP, SUGAR,  but lately my fingers reach for it, and my hands are in control .   I've been ordering non sweetened ice tea from Mac Donald's on my morning breaks, but now a few Carmel Lattes are seeping into my morning routine.   Diet Soda and my favorite Dr. Pepper have been a thing of the past for months now,  but  these too are gradually making their way into my hands when I get to the  movie theater. Even while watching the latest Jennifer Aniston's  flick,  I'm watching her and I'm a little envious, okay a lot envious!  Her  physical beauty radiates health,  and she is in the best shape of her life from all appearances.  I am thinking these thoughts while watching her on the big screen, and  drinking my Diet Soda, and the scale continues to creep back up.   I rationalize it by saying to myself, "it's only Diet Pepsi", but I know better.  It's not that it has ZERO calories in it, and no sugar either, but it's the fact that my brain is screaming out, WHAT - THIS STUFF IS POISON!  It has very bad chemicals in it, and absolutely no nutritional value whatsoever.  Why are you putting it back into your body?   Knock, knock, anybody home!

I've learned a big lesson here, it's to obey my mind, and keep my hands in my pockets.

 I suppose I've been over eating again as well, but not so much  with  bad foods, more BFC than anything else, but just a few minor  miscalculations, and the scale continues to rise.   I  have  proven  to myself that I can  lose 2 lb. a week without much effort, and sacrifice when I'm not fudging  it.  It's been fairly easy up to this point,  but what has changed my efforts?   It's the little things that disrupt my good eating habits, and throw me into  tail spins each time.  I start to have success and then fall flat on my face.  My girls (you) always say, we can do this, just pick yourself up, and dust yourself off, and continue on.   I agree whole heartily Sisters!  Your words stick with me, and stay in my heart, and that's what I am trying to do, again and again.  I will keep trying until I get it right, even if I am a slow learner, and I hit a few bumps along the way. Tomorrow is a new day!

7 comments:

  1. Kasey, is that your new car? Very cute I love bugs. As far as letting the sugar creep back in...well that seems to happen when we let little things here and then and before you know it we are right back to the old bad habits. But you have to get a grip now before you see more then the 5lbs. Take it from someone who has done that so many times before. Once you get the sugar out it should be smooth sailing again. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kasey, first I love the car too!
    Its OK that you slipped up a bit. I know it might be difficult, but you can get back into the BFC if thats what you want. It might be expensive - but you should order some Dr Zevia on amazon.com if you really feel the need to drink soda. I like it and so does hubby.
    I am so proud of all you have done so far - Don't let it all go down the toilet.
    Get back up - YOU CAN DO IT!! We believe in you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kasey, I also have to say I love the car, I hope you love it and it is good to you. You deserve a good car. Ya you sliped off the wagon a bit, but you can get back on just as easily. Are you writing down your sugars and carbs? that might help you to keep up the good fight against sugar. And as Rosalie said maybe zevia would help you stay away from the fake sugar ladden diet pepsi. hang in there Kasey, you can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there!! You may have a couple bumps in the road, trust me I know my share of bumps especially this past week. I decided that the bumps don't matter and I wanna be healthy so yes I have to fight with what my hands think they want and what my brains knows it needs. Try not to even buy these things like diet sodas. I use to buy so I could have one now and again but realized it was best to stick with vitamin zero water, plain water, or tea. Diet sodas still make you crave sweet stuff and no matter what I think we will never lose the sweet cravings but we have to be strong enough to refrain from eating them. Maybe start blogging what you eat as a lot of us do, it might help you track things if you aren't already. Good luck Kasey!! You can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I LOVE your car Kasey! I love the color and the butterflies, and VW's in general! Thanks for posting it! I hoped to see you in the drivers seat, smiling your beautiful smile, maybe next pic, I hope so. That plate made me laugh, is it yours?

    I have learned a lot in the last few months, mostly from my mistakes. We often learn the most that way. It takes real strength to take mistakes, let them teach us, then refocus and move on. You HAVE that strength Kasey, just find your focus and move on.

    You said it yourself, you know how to work the BFC so that you can lose two pounds a week. (Boy, I wish I could say that!) All you need to do, is do it.

    You might want to think aout WHY you are choosing to sabotage yourself. I had to think this though. I sabotaged myself for quite a while, that's why it took me so long to lose a simple 30 lbs. I did a lot of stopping, regaining and starting over. It was not easy to figure myself out, but am HOPING I have gotten past those issues.

    In any case, I am sinfing you a hug (()). And my very best wishes, always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey girl!! After reading your post, I realized how hard we can be on ourselvevs when we slip up. I too, am guilty of that. But we must remember, we are human, and this is life and life happens. I agree with Diana, you MUST nip this in the bud or that 5# will turn into 10# and before you know it, its all back on and the vicious cycle begins again. Look at your before pics for inspiration..... I have to tell you, when I see where I started & what I look like today, it really fuels my fire & keeps me going. Put that pic on your fridge, bathroom mirror, anywhere you frequently go, and continue to tell yourself that you are worth it!! You are, and have always been an inspiration to me and a friend with great pearls of wisdom. Shake it off & move forward....YOU CAN DO IT!!
    ((Sherri))
    p.s LOVE LOVE LOVE the car!!!!!!!!!!! I can totally see you in it!!!! Good for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Back in the saddle again. Lost 1 of those dang pounds, and beginning to snap out of it. Thank you all for your words of wisdom from experience! I embrace you all as we continue on! Dust, dust, dust, and get up again...

    ReplyDelete