Bloom!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Rollercoasters Can Be Fun, But Not In The Weight Department.

My weight loss adventure over this past month of January, feels like I'd stayed too long on a roller coaster ride, as I take one foot out, and gradually climb from  the seat.  The first week I'd lost about  two pounds, and it was done quite effortlessly.   The second week I'd gain back those two I'd lost the previous week, and that was done quite effortlessly too.  My birthdays in March and I am still not close to the weight I was reaching for,  even though I began to get serious about losing my "obese" self  this past July 1.  I have the opportunity to lose 2 lb. a week, but can I stay consistent with those numbers?  I'm rather weak when it comes to turning down a carrot cake, or other temptations.   I just seem to justify the moment and say , I will eat this now, and then do great the rest of the day; and  for the most part I do.    Maybe for some people who have a faster metabolism than I do, this method  works  for them.  In my case, I look at a slice of carrot cake, inhale it, and  spend the next two to three weeks treading over the same ground I  already covered  before with hard work.
I know I can do it because when I am really trying and logging what I consume,  I'm losing two pounds in four days,  without  exercise while working full time.    For example I ate the following items this past four days:
Breakfast:   Coffee with cream.  Bacon egg chibata or a hard boiled egg, or a Bacon Avocado Omelet w/tst.
Lunch:  Chili, with a salad or Chix Sandwich with lettuce.  Dinner:  Salad with chix or hard boiled egg or bacon, crumbled blue cheese, 2tsp flax oil, and 1/2 squeezed fresh lemon. Purple sweet potato, whipped with coconut milk (my ice cream).  Snacks were either  a handful of Mac Nuts, or Almonds, or  tbs. of Almond butter, or tortilla chips. So this is what works for me  if  I want to lose my stubborn, two pounds a week.         On the other hand my  two or even three pounds begin to come right back on so quickly, when I begin to spin out of control in just over a weekend or two, by eating  a hearty breakfast of  my favorite  French Toast stuffed with Mango or Lilikoi cream cheese stuffing, or  pancake's with mac nuts & coconut syrup, or during the week I get back into my old habit of having a Carmel  Frappe from Starbucks.  All loaded with two common elements  sugar, and carbs.   If you wonder why you aren't losing weight,  it is best to write down  all the foods and drinks you consume throughout the day.  I use a calender with big enough spaces to write in daily, usually it's set by my nightstand and I jot down things from the day.  This way I can clearly see why I've gained.   We have these wonderful bodies, and  we need to  treat them  right, even if in the past we've been  rough on them.  I  am in search of  the  wisdom, and guidance to  treat mine as well as I can inch by inch!  Today I'm stepping off this roller coaster ride I've been stuck on, and seeking the path I know in my heart to be the right one!   Here's to a better ride ladies! 

5 comments:

  1. Kasey...You know what to do girlfriend...just set your mind to it and make it non negotiable! I work in a place wehre EVERY FRICKEN DAY there is something sweet & yummy looking. I have a huge downfall for sweets too, HOWEVER I can honsetly tell you, I ask myself if its REALLY worth it. If it is, I one spoonful. If I eat more than that, I am doomed and the rest of the day is on a downward spiral. So ask yourself in that moment if it is worth it and if it is enjoy a small piece of whatever it is. If it isnt, walk away...have somebody put it out of sight. Keep your eyes on the prize & as Winston Churchill said "NEVER, NEVER EVER GIVE UP"!
    Get back on the wagon girl and make your birthday a happy one by losing the weight you want to and even if it falls short, you will still be happier that you lost instead of gained.
    Love you girl!! Hang in there!
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kasey, you can do it girl. We hit the ground running and then we start taking some detours. But we always know how to find the right path. Great job on what you have done so far. I am still holding the same to but I did go by som probiotics and the doctor game me a fiber supplement to try lets see if that gets things a moving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend told me today that Aloe Vera makes her poop as big as cow pies! I told her, we used to put fresh Aloe Vera in our smoothies years ago, and I said I didn't remember that happening. We were always trying something crazy, like beet juice, or apple cider, honey, lemon tea. We were both skinny back then, so maybe that stuff was working for us. Now we are both struggling to lose. Thank you, young and inspired ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you know me Kasey, the slowest of the slow to lose and simply too stubborn to quit.

    Slow and steady wins the race girlfriend. A bit at at time. A pound a week in a year is 52 pounds.

    When you want to LOSE it, more than you want to EAT it, then temptation won't even be a factor for you.

    Even in the short time I have known you I see a person with such strength...a person who has inspired and supported me.

    You have POWER Kasey, own it and use it. For yourself.

    Wishing you the best always.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kasey, I too have a sweet tooth and always have. So when I started the BFC I had to find ways to still have that. I know you have read on my blog what I eat. I eat something sweet every day. I just found BFC approved things to eat.
    You can do this! It just a little more will power.
    Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete