Bloom!

Friday, April 1, 2011

If I Just Lay Here

I watched Grey's Anatomy last night and their theme song,  If I Just Lay Here,  has been playing  in my head all day.  They tried something new in last night's episode and added music and singing while drama, drama, drama was going on.    McDreamy didn't sing a note!    Maybe he was gifted with great hair, and no vocals, but he is still a top notch Brain Surgeon  (wink)!   American Idol was on just before Grey's, so we had a great night of music!  I'm glad all the contestants this year on American Idol are all very unique!  It gives the show great character.  I also want to put in some props for Jennifer Lopez.  What she says to the contestants seems to hit the nail on the head every time! All and all, it's a fun night in Tele World.

Now getting back to,  If I just lay here...  I feel like I've been running in a Marathon these past few weeks.   From the time my feet hit the floor at 4:15am. I am flying out the door to get to work by 5:30am.  I assemble displays, hang signage, meet deadlines, and finish work around 2:30pm.  When I get home I throw on my other work clothes, and hit the great outdoors.   I started spring cleaning out side in the front and backyard of our place, and this includes trimming, and more trimming since my yard has become somewhat of a jungle, or close to it.  I hate to say this but I've been bitten by the bug again, and so I've been planting, and potting anything from Lavender plants to Plumeria trees. Like I need anymore, hence this is where all the trimming comes into play.   I'm usually outside when the sun goes down, and I hear my favorite show come on, then I race to the shower,  fix hot tea, eat a Rudy's Wholegrain, Organic English Muffin with Cream Cheese, and Almond Butter spread,  and settle down in my Lazy Girl chair.  I put my feet up, and immediately my little dogs jump up to see me as we all fall into our nightly routine,  they chew on stuff and I change the remote during the commercials, and watch about two different shows at the same time.  Then we wake up early all over again...

This week I found a little note stuck to my trucks window in the morning that read, Keep your dogs quiet already, and then a word I can't make out, and po neighbor.  PO must mean, "pissed off", but it really bothers me that I can't make out the word just before the po.   I admit our dogs,  along with everybody else dogs in the hood bark when people  walk by with their dogs.  Unfortunately,  we have a fence that comes  right up to the sidewalk, so all three of our dogs go "NUTZ",  and do dog stuff when they can get away with it.  The next day I kept all dogs quiet, while I figured out a plan. We already use a bark collar on our big trouble maker, but it doesn't seem to faze her, because she still carry's on.   I ended up picking up lots of 2x4 and 4x4, along with three 65lb. bags of Concrete, and Lattice, and constructed a fence two days after this mysterious note appeared on my windshield.  Not bad for an old lady who is thankful to have an impact drill that works.    Okay, now for the good part, it's working.  My dogs have been silenced.  Salincio!  I have taken all joy out of their lives, and restored order to the hood.  It's so quiet tonight I can hear a pin drop, or close to it. 

Well my Lazy Girl comfortable chair is calling me so I need to go and just lay there!  Have a great weekend everybody! 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kasey, It's good to hear from you. I love Idol this year also. My favs are still there.
    Sorry about your boring routine, but at least you get to be outdoors.
    I am so proud of you for doing the fence all by your little lonesome. You go girl!!
    I'm sure the dogs are still happy just not nervous any more.
    Have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm....the nerve of some people huh? Its like, dont be sucha coward...just tell me to my face. (re teh dogs barking) I have a nasty neighbor that tried telling our landscaper what to do with OUR yard!! Can you stand it? My hubby had it out with him and we dont acknowlege one another. Quite sad because I am not that way at all but he is pretty much an idiot...no sugar coating it.
    Glad to hear you are doing great. I dont watch Greys Anatomy anymore. Just got too weird when they all started sleeping with one another. I hate that! Its like what they did with Friends...I used to like that show too until they messed with it.
    Anyways, have a great weekend too!
    ((Sherri))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kasey, wow! I am really impressed about the fence, I would not know how to do that! Good for you!

    I think Rosalie is right, your dogs can relax now rather than feeling that they need to guard and protect you, and that is a good thing. For them, for you and for neighborhood relations. for better or worse, we all have to live together as best we can.

    And, working in your yard, also a really good thing. The earth is good good good for the spirit, wish I could see your yard, bet it is be-u-ti-ful!

    My blog post today Sat, is just for you girl. Check it out when you have time, and PLMK what you think.

    Relax in that easy girl chair, you DESERVE it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kasey, I love american idol this year too! I really love Casey and James but they all are pretty good. I thought I would really miss Simon but I really like Jennifer and Steven Tyler. It sounds like you have been a busy little beaver and I cant believe that some neighbors have to be so uptight. I hope the rest of your weekend goes well and I am gonna relax in my lazy chair since you gave me the idea!

    ReplyDelete