Bloom!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

I actually began celebrating Mother's Day yesterday by going with my very dear friend of 32 years, to a yearly event called the Seabury Fair.  It takes place in Makawao each year at  Seabury Hall High School.  It's a private high school, and  foreign exchange students come and live in dorms, and also kids that grow up in the islands can also attend if they have parents who make a good living, to offset the cost of  their kids tuition,  almost near college level expenses.  
The morning started out with dark sky's, and  heavy showers as we stopped in Casanova's for a breakfast.  I ordered  a Gouda, Sunriped Tomato Omelet, with a slice of Seven Grain toast, and a coffee with cream.  We waited for the sun to come out, drank another cup of coffee, and finally the sun arrived, and with it a strong breeze.  Good for us, but the breeze made some of the vendors tents pull out of the ground, and flipped a few before they could fetch larger stakes.  My friend loves her jewelry, and bought several pair of handcrafted earrings, while I looked around walked out of the Thrift Store with a two dollar top, great for summer weather.   I usually am on the lookout for plants, and a bit disappointed that this year's selection was slim pickings, and the plants they were selling were overpriced, and not the type I wanted.   Last year I bought several variety of Bromiliads, and Catspaw.  After we shopped awhile longer and hit all the vendor's  booth,  we scoped out the live auction (I'm always outbid),   we were hungry for lunch.  We choose a booth that was serving salad with Sesame dressing, and on top of it had a nice piece of grilled Salmon.  Boy, was it ever tasty, and healthy, and both of us said we normally didn't care for Salmon because of the fishy taste, but this dish was so delicious. 
Afterwords, we went to town, literally, and we treated ourselves to our Mother's Day present.  I had a seventy minute body work treatment, and my friend got her toes done,  and got a facial with a Gold collagen face mask.   We are living the pampered life for a day, and it works because we were very relaxed for the rest of the day.  
Today is Mother's Day (again).   Our beautiful 23 year old son called  from his digs in San Fran to wish me a Happy Mother's Day.  He had already put in a call his Grandma (my Mom), so I am happy to hear that.  Afterwords, my husband took me out to lunch, and I ordered a Taco Salad.   It was very tasty and it was served with only 7 chips,   very healthy ingredients made up the rest of it too, so I am still in the May Challenge! 
Now I sit here with dye on my head to get rid of my little ol'  gray hairs that seem to only want to sprout up around the front of my head :)  Oh my.  But it is what it is, and one of these days I will go all natural, but not today!
I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend, and Happy Mother's Day to you beautiful women everywhere. 

6 comments:

  1. Hey girl!!!! Sorry I havent been on the blogs lately. Just super busy with work & the kids & their activities. No time to be online anymore.:( Good for you for getting that hour massage!! Such a wonderful treat that is!!! Hubby bought me a gift cert for a 30 min massage at my favorite local spa & I still have a 1 hr massage cert too!! Yay, yay, Yay!!!
    Anyways, all is good here. Im down to 187 now & feeling great! Total is just shy of 32# lost now. Clothes are getting super baggy & only have 2 pr of pants that fit me, all the rest are ridiculously big! woo hoo!!!
    I miss you lots & will try to be a better friend & check in more frequently.
    have a great week!!!
    ((Sherri))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love - Love those type of things. It sounds like you had so much fun the past 2 days. All the pics are great.
    Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day to you Sherri. You are catching up to me, and probably will pass me soon. I'm still yo-yo-ing with my weight. You are setting a wonderful, healthy example for your girls, and I am happy to hear you are winning the battle of the bulge! Thanks for checking in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Rosalie, you should swing over next Mother's Day and hit this fair with me! That would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's Day Kasey!!! It sounds like you had a wonderful, well deserved day. Your blog is so beautiful thank you for sharing your pics with those of us who have a bad case of spring fever :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blogis looking beautiful with all the new photos! so glad you are joining the Challenge, and of course you always have a great attitude. Im trying to have a positive attitude about the lbs Ive added back on. If I attack them a few times a year and stay pretty true the rest of the time I hope to be done with my obesity for life. Just Do It is great! Mine for the month is No Excuses.

    ReplyDelete