Bloom!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Trying to Stay in Control

Yesterday (Saturday morning) I woke up early at 5:30 a.m., put  on my walking shoes, and of course, shorts, blouse, and my  hat, and  flew out the door. I was participating in one of the biggest fundraisers Maui county puts on,  the 31st Annual Visitor Industry Charity Walk.  This year  2,100 plus people show up to  walk (or run) the 3 mile course.  We all contributed, and  raised an amazing total of 460,524.00 dollars!   My fellow employee's and I walked  three miles for Maui's non profit organization,  the Habitat of Humanity.  Other Non Profit organizations represented, like the Humane Society,  and the Hotel and Resort Industry of course brought in the most money, and basically any business who wanted to  contribute to this huge fundraiser could. They all did it together, and boy, did they ever deliver!   The Aloha Spirit is alive and well on Maui in these tough times!  
Afterwards we met back on the soccer field, listened to Hawaiian music, watched the hula dancers, and ate breakfast.  I had the Belgium Waffles, along with the bacon that the Grand Wailea Chef's provided,   then along comes the  Frappe's from the Royal Lahaina Resort,  and almost immediately I regretted  all that junk that went down the hatch, and getting caught up in all the festivities!  
So today I am on the wagon... and feeling good about the walk, but  trying again to stay in control... 

4 comments:

  1. Always so good to hear from you Kasey! Participating in that fundraiser and doing so much good with every step you took must have made you feel fantastic! How I admire you for doing so! I love it when people come together to make the world a better place. If everyone did what they could, how wonderful that would be. Don't worry about those past food choices, just move on and make a better choice in the next minute. Thinking of you girlfriend, and wishing you the very best, always. (())

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kasey, I wish I lived near you - I definitely would have walked with all of you. Sounds like it was fun.
    Yeah the waffle probably not the best choice, but just brush it off and keep going. Today is what matters not yesterday.
    Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kasey, I bet that walk was so beautiful! And for such a great cause. I am still hoping to make it to Hawaii someday. I will be having surgery in about a month and then maybe I will be back 100% on track and blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My blog acct. appears to be on the fritz. I am posting, but it is not printing my posts darn it! No clue why. Windows updated me to IE 9 which may be part of the problem, still trying to figure it out, but I did not want you to think I fell off the edge of the planet, lol. If you have any ideas that might help me fix the problem, thank you in advance. You are much better with Blogger than I am Kasey. I did try to message you via FB but somehow could not do that either. Argggh. Computers are great when they work and a total pain in the behind when they do not.

    ReplyDelete