Bloom!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Common Cold Cured by Juicing (I think)

Why did one of my co-workers come to work sick,  after  she downed a few capsules of her favorite Flu medicine?   I know, I know she's used all her sick pay, and she can't afford to stay home.  While I worked all day along side her coughing, sneezing attacks, and had to smell her sick breath!    I came around the corner and walked right through the air she just finished having a coughing spell in.  I smelled that sick stuff,  and sure enough a few nights ago my nose started running, and I woke up  with it.   Luckily for me,  I was juicing for five days previously, I personally think all that Vitamin C, Antioxidants, and my Vitamin D supplement kept me from getting a full  blown  flu bug!  So going on my second day, and I'm almost cured.  I've been juicing before work, and I've been juicing when I walk in the door after work.  I might add,  I didn't sneeze, cough, and talk on the phone,  washed my hands often, and I don't think I kept the cycle going.  I'll know by next week, if my close friends are sneezing. Hehe:)

Since getting this cold the day before yesterday, my pick to cure this bug is juicing;   2 Lemons, 1/2 Cucumber,  Beet + leaves, Parsley, Swiss Chard, and an Apple 2 X a day!     Seems to be the fastest cold I've ever gotten rid of   in a  long time.  Note:  I still ate my usual meals in between. 

Okay, been juicing a total of 9 days now,  Whole Foods first, and then with my own juicer, and I've lost a total weight of  5 lb. 
Also following the BFC with a few cheats now and then, but not super bad ones.   This is working for me, and I feel great!  Well, this is my take on curing the common cold.  My bestfriend still says, it's Oregano Oil!              Go figure!

5 comments:

  1. Kasey it sounds like you are really doing well from juicing. Maybe that was why you are not as sick as she was.
    Nutrition really does make a difference.
    Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Major Congrats on those 5 lbs! Kasey. I am so happy you have found a mix that works for you! Sounds like you are on your way to your goal, bravo my friend! And I don't doubt that juicing has worked toward curing or lessening your cold. I am saving up for that juicer, believe me, I cannot wait to try it! What is the best combo you have tried, tastewise?

    ReplyDelete
  3. One apple, or one lime or lemon cuts the bitter taste of any super green veg like Swiss Chard, Spinach, ... Kale still has a strong taste, and only use a few leaves at a time. So far, I can down anything, and using the above really makes it taste great. If apples, and beets are too high in the sugar dept. then use limes and lemons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job on the 5 lbs.!! wohooO!!! one day when i get a juicer i would love to try juicing. We are allowed to have lots of berries with the BFC so maybe we could try something like that. Great job Kasey!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kasey, Great job on your weight loss. I hate it when people come to work sick and pass all those bad germs to the rest of us. Sounds like that juicing is really helping you to recover much faster then you might normally. Just wanted to let you know that I will be seeing a couple of surgeons in the next few weeks to see what my options are. Hope all goes well. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete