Bloom!

Monday, April 4, 2011

Everyday Temptations...Waz up with that!

After work today I went to the market and stocked up on everything that's sugar free;  and organic and this included  lots of fresh produce, such as  Cabbage, Spinach, Kale, Sprouts, Tomato, Onion, Lettuce, Carrots Celery, Ginger, and one Cucumber.  A dozen  "Cage Free" Eggs,  Grass fed Beef, Cheese, Tofu, Unsweetened Almond Milk,  Uncle Sams Cereal,  Unsweetened Greek Yogurt,  Rudy's English Muffins.  I made it out with one large sack, and seventy dollar less in my wallet.  We do pay a price for living in Hawaii.   I could go up the street to my local market, but now they charge about the same price, for non-organic brands.  Mana Foods is less expensive than Whole Foods, and about the same as a Trader Joe's  on the mainland.

Breakfast - McDonald's Sausage McMuffin and a Coffee/Cream (unsweetened).
Lunch -  16oz. ginger, apple, parsley, carrot juice
Dinner - Coleslaw, Brown Rice, Hamburger patty.

When I get hungry around 8:00pm I will have my Hot Tea to cut the hunger pains because I already anticipate my stomach will be growling by that time, because it usually is.

If you are wondering if carrots and apples are high in sugar for the BFC, they are, but  I am trying this out because I bought a Jack La Lanne's Juicer over the weekend.  I wanted to start  juicing fresh Kale, Parsley, Ginger, and other nourishing  items.  It's something I feel I need more of at this time,  and this is why I am attempting a slight change in my course on the BFC.  Plus I heard an apple a day, keeps the Doctor away. I am really too tired lately so this is my attempt at getting some energy back.   I will keep you all posted if I do feel a difference. 

 I thought I would mention  my one food temptation of the day that I overcame because they were really calling my name. I was on my morning break having my one small cup of coffee, and  (not so healthy) Sausage McMuffin, when I noticed I was still hungry.  While sipping my hot coffee the Oatmeal cookies started screaming so loud.  They are loaded with sugar, but they taste so good with hot coffee.   I ignored them all, and walked out the door to go back to work.   My victory of the day!

It seems like everyday we get a challenge to eat something so tasty, but we all know where it ends up, on some of us.  I think I will track these temptations everyday for a week to see how many things I turn down.  I can tell you now it will be plenty.    Have a great week and just say NO!

4 comments:

  1. You know, living here in southern California, the prices are just as expensive - and gas too -WOW!
    As far as the juicing, do what ever works for you and makes you feel good.
    I do have that temptation all the time - even now after way over a year. I tell hubby to get one so I can have a bite. That only works when he is with me. LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prices are high everywhere! I wish that things would settle down and stop rising. But what can we do about that... Wish I could work a miracle. Good job with holding from your temptation! :) The sausage egg mcmuffin is only 2/2 on the BFC. Though its sorta fatty, its not that bad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just say NO. Yep, that is the ticket Kasey. Especially since you are saying YES to so many good and healthy things. I use trigger phrases all the time to help me stay on track, and I am here to tell you that it works. when I got up from dinner, I say, I am DONE. and that is it, I am.

    Keep on Keeping on Kasey. You will get there. This is what I tell myself ALL THE TIME and you know what? I will and so will YOU. We old babes are tough. We've lasted this long, lol. And we get where we want to go. Period. ":^D

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are getting there aren't we girls? Always nice to hear from each one of you. Good point on the Sausage McMuffin. It's not all that bad. I think it's most high in salt, if I remember reading the fact sheet, the fat as well. Good idea on the trigger phrases, never thought about it like that. Rosalie too bad even after a year there is temptation... Darn it, but you're doing fantastic. Ok, I'm pau for now - Aloha*

    ReplyDelete