Bloom!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Feeling More Energetic

Tonight was the first time I felt like taking my doggies for a little stroll up the hill in a long while, so I guess my energy levels are slowly creeping back up.   I began juicing about a week ago, first buying a 16oz. Carrot, Celery, Apple, and Ginger juice from Whole Foods.  Within a few days I bought my own Jack LaLanne's juicer from Macy's sale, and happy I got it when I did.    I paid 79.00 for mine,   it was on sale from 139.00.  My best friend had to pay 99.00 for the same juicer this weekend because the sale changed.   She is juicing too, and she made her first drink yesterday, and said she loved it.  She made hers with a lime, instead of a lemon, carrots, celery, and ginger.  She is diabetic, and the next morning took her sugar levels and they were below 100, better than they've been in along time.

Today we went to Mana Foods and this really nice guy, with dreadlocks was cleaning the burdock roots, and placing all the veges in a nice orderly fashion.  He heard my friend say I should get beets for my juicer, and then he asked me what I've been adding to mine.  He told me Burdock root is a great blood cleaner, and so I bought about five of those dirty white looking carrot things. I bought Swiss Chard, and Parsley too even though I've never eaten them before in my life.  So I either will cook the Swiss Chard or juice it depending on it's taste.  The Parsley I will  juice, it's suppose to do something good for me. Hehe.  Well it's all new, and  it's helping me get out of the slump I've been in, so it's all good.  I needed to find new things to eat, and doing this is right for me.

 A few weekends ago I rode in the car with my friend to the mall where she was meeting her daughter, and they had appointments to get pedicures.  I noticed a sign that read,  facials with  hot stones,  for the same price as a pedicure.   I opted to try this instead of getting my toes done, and it was the best decision I ever made. The gal that gives the facial,  has been in the Bodywork business for twenty one years.  Not only did I get the best facial ever, I was treated to the best neck, shoulder, hands, and face message!   This weekend I opted for an  hour message, and  my angel, Christina, messaged all my aches and pains away that I've been having in my neck,  back, and feet.  She charged me for an hours message, and spent 90 minutes working on everything from my back, neck, arms, legs, and feet.   She's truly a blessing, and a true healer.  The first time she laid her hands on my back, her hands felt like they were on fire.  She hadn't even touched anything to warm them up.  So I know I'm  in good hands, and feel like I have stumbled onto a miracle worker.  

It's a good thing I shipped Plumeria cuttings to the mainland, and earned a little extra cash, because I am investing in things for me lately.   This combination of new experiences seem to be working!  If we can, why not spoil ourselves once in a blue moon.   We are worth our weight in gold!

5 comments:

  1. Well Kasey sounds like you are doing good. I'm glad you are enjoying the juicing. My husband was at a thrift store about a month ago and saw one of those juicers and it was brand new for $40 in white. Well he bought it - it was never used yet. I have not done it because of the BFC. but maybe I will - who knows.
    I wished I lived near you I would go to that girl and get a facial and massage too.

    Have a great week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific post Kasey! I am SO HAPPY to hear that things are looking up for you, and that you are feeling good in so many ways!

    The idea of juicing seems really wonderful to me. I am definitely going to try it as soon as I can afford a juicer. I continue to be amazed how much our bodies are affected by what we put into them. How I wish I had realized this sooner. How grateful I am to know it now.

    How do you know what to put in your juicer Kasey? Does it come with instructions and recipes?

    Your massuse sounds wonderful, truly gifted. You know me, I believe that everything happens for a reason, and that if we are open to it, we will recieve what we need. I am so glad this has come your way.

    And, yes, I believe as you do, we all gifts from God, and worth our weight in gold. And we need to treat ourselves that way when we can.

    Wishing you the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aloha! I read your posts so I can see the beautiful Hawaiian flowers:) Paradise!
    The juicing sounds interesting, I hate veggies so I wonder if they could ever possibly taste better:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosalie your husband got a great deal, and I hope you give it a try. To Helen, it comes with a little book with about 25 recipes, juicing only veges, and only fruits, and combo veges and fruits together. To Kay, I'm not one for veges, or a lot of fruit for that matter, but this way they go down the hatch fresh, fast, and loaded with antioxidants, and they taste great! I'm only in my first week of making juices, so I am still learning about it all. Thank you girls for commenting, and welcome Kay to our Sistahood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kasey, what a better way to get your veggies in!Just have to drink them.....I like that idea. I love massages they are so relaxing and so needed with our everyday stresses. I was getting them every other week until I found out that I might need surgery on my neck. Keep on juicing girl and enjoying those massages.

    ReplyDelete