Bloom!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Getting Into Juicing and Liking It Too.

Today makes my third day of creating a fresh juice drink and I'm enjoying  it once a day.   I add an apple, 2 or 3 carrots,  3 celery, half of a lemon (peel on), ginger (1"), and drink it with a handful of Mac Nuts.  I will count this as my dinner tonight, along with one plain burger patty, because I'm not a vegan!

 I noticed it's my third day of  drinking  a 16oz. juice  using my new Jack Lalanne's Juicer,  and I've lost 3 lb.   I had gained a total of 7  pounds back since I started fooling around on the BFC.  Shameful!    I've been drinking  a few Latte's from Starbucks, along with eating more carbs than I need to,  so what do I expect?   I started  feeling pretty awful again,  like I had the  flu symptoms, but I really think my body wasn't used to having so much sugar poured into it since I was staying under 15g of sugar a day on the BFC for so long.   I've been eating pretty bad for the past month and I can really feel the effects, like wanting to  take  naps in the day,    being more uptight (than usual), and I'm so tired even after I've slept through the night,   I wake up yawning!   Now my bone spur on my back heel started to get painful again, after it was almost completely pain free for months.   So these 7 nasty pounds are my wake up call to go for it again... 

I figure I must be held accountable so this is what I ate yesterday and today.

TUESDAY
Breakfast:     Coffee/cream (unsweetened)    Burger Patty/Brown Rice/Tabbouleh
Lunch:   Salad  (Whole Foods) 
Dinner:  Juiced - 2 carrots, apple, 3 celery, kale, ginger, 1/2 lemon.

WEDNESDAY
Breakfast:  Coffee/cream (unsweetened)   Greek Yogurt, Barleen's Mango Peach Fish Oil,  Flax seed.
Lunch:  Burger Patty on a Rudy's English Muffin with Sprouts. Coleslaw.  Almond Milk  (unsweetened).
Dinner:  Juiced:  3-Carrots,  3- Celery,  Apple, 1/2 lemon, Ginger - 1 inch.      Mac Nuts-handful.

NOTE:   New item found this week at Whole Foods, and recommended to me by a health conscious person. I've tried it once, and it taste like greens, but not bad. It's a high fiber, protein powder  that is soy free, nut free, and gluten free.    It's made by Manitoba Harvest  and it's certified organic HEMP PRO FIBER.  14g Fiber, 11g Protein, and it has 600mg OMEGA-3 in one serving. 4 Tbsp.
Sugars 0, and Total Carbohydrate is 14g. = 1 Serving of Carbs for the BFC counters.  

Back in the game...

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kasey, I'm sorry for your pain coming back. I'm not sure that drinking the juice for dinner is such a good idea. Aren't you hungry????
    Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAHOO KASEY!!!1 You go girl! Back in the game is right, and teaching us a thing or too while you're at it! WHOO HOO! Just goes to show you CAN"T keep a good woman down! The juice sounds SO delicious. I have never done this, and I cannot wait to see how this goes for you. Please keep us posted. Congrats on your 3lb weight loss and congrats too on identifying your stumbling blocks and then TAKING ACTION to make things better this week. That is the ticket to success! And, yes, blogging your food provides accountability for you, and inspiration for others...guess I am going to be saving for a juicer, lol (())'s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kasey, congrats on your weight loss and for getting back on track. I know that feeling after not being fully on the BFC can be. I am feeling a little depressed myself since I have not been able to get my exercise in due to my problem. But once I am back to health I hope I can be like you and get back with it 100%. Hey I hear that drinking all that healthy juice can help you to live longer....lol keep in up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to juice only carrots and celery, but I am expanding my horizons, and the combo's taste excellent. Don't worry Rosalie, I'm not wasting away to nothing, because I eat plenty in the daytime. Helen, this juicer was on sale for 79.00 was 139.00 at Macy's. It works so good and supposed to save you 30% more juice. Think I get plenty of juice now compared to the old juicer I used over 30 yr. ago. HaHa. Diana, I'm starting to feel so much better again, and not so stiff at night after sitting awhile. It hasn't been a week yet so I will keep you posted girls. Aloha ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kasey, glad to hear you're juicing. I bought a juicer a few months ago & I love it! I definitely need to jump back on the weight loss wagon. I love to juice in the morning to feel energized & hydrated. I've been making this juice with lemon & ginger, then juice greens, cucumber, whatever you want with it. I mostly taste just the lemon & ginger...it's delish!

    ReplyDelete