Bloom!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Good morning, or good evening  depending on your time zone.    This morning I made my way across town with my girlfriend to try out a new breakfast place I heard about from my other good friend.  It's called the Maui Bake Shop, and it reminded me of a little soho shop in N.Y. or someplace like that.  The bakery windows had Neapolitans,  French Apple pies, you name it they had  it.  Lots of fresh baked bread coming out of the oven in every size,  shape, and form.  I ordered my favorite breakfast, a spinach and cheese omelet with of course coffee.  Overall, it was a nice, comfortable place with a very nice staff, and I'm happy to report I was not hungry for anything with sugar in it, even though the pastry window looked divine, and very contemporary for a shop on Maui. 

 Just after breakfast we made our way over to the Maui Swap Meet where the vendors sell everything from clothes, flowers, art, and fresh produce.  I wasn't going to buy any more produce, since I just bought all my staples yesterday at the  Down To Earth 30% off sale, celebrating Earth Day!  I pretty much bought what I needed for the week, and  as my friend continued to shop for her produce,  I remembered  I needed cilantro, green onions, and green peppers to whip up a great salsa,  and use my ripe bag of avocados and tomato's I had bought.

Well no body work this weekend  because of finances, but I really find myself missing it today.   Just one hour seems to  rejuvenate my sore old body, and it puts a little pep in my step that seems to last throughout the week.   My body work gal is having a Mother Day's Special using a Golden Collagen mask with a message.  My friend said she wants to do it too, so I guess I  will call and get us on the books for that day.  

Well,  I am happy to report our 23 yr. old son is living the life in San Fran.  He is working out again at the 24 Hr. Fitness with all the young, beautiful people, and eating Quinoa, and Talapia dinners.  He has always made great food choices but as his Mom, it makes me happy to hear he is living good, and working hard. So just hearing this makes my day great!  Now my hubby wants to go out and eat lunch someplace so I got to run.  Have a great Easter Day tomorrow everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kasey, It sounds like you had such a good time with your friend. I wish you lived closer so I could go with you sometime.
    Have a good weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kasey, When you were talking about your yummy breakfast my mouth was watering. I thinnk I might of grabbed a yummy dessert while I was at it....not really but the thought did cross my mind. Sounds like you had a great relaxing day and I wish you a very Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true, the less sugar you eat, the less you want. I am still just amazed by this, as I never thought I could be free of cravings, but for the most part I am too. Except for cashews which I seem to crave lately. No clue why, but till I figure it out, no cashews in my cupboard, and HOW I miss them! And macadamias too...sigh. Sending you a smile Kasey.

    ReplyDelete