Bloom!

Sunday, October 10, 2010

It's Not As Simple As Pushing A Button For Weight Loss...

I'm entering my 15 week of the BFC lifestyle,  and I've discovered a new machine for my kitchen.  Yep, it's a Food Processor of the utmost easiest fashion.  It has a simple On and Off button, with a Pulse!  It chops, grates, mushes, and whips up a pretty good Hummus in minutes!  I didn't want to spend a lot of money on something I might not use very often, ( I'm basically still allergic to the kitchen), so spending a mere 33.00 dollars in WalMart on this Black and Decker 8 cup food processor was a bargain. 
Since getting it home this morning I've made two different items, and now my husband is in the kitchen whipping up a chicken kabob thing-a-ma-doddle on a stick  for dinner no less!  I'm glad someone else enjoys using it besides me.  Ladies take note, you might get your man in the kitchen to cook a meal  if he has a new toy to play with.  I'm much smarter than I thought...  Here's the Hummus recipe to try... 


Hummus Recipe - makes 8 servings
1 can chick peas (garbanzo beans) drained                           1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 cup sour cream                                                                      2 garlic cloves (peeled/crushed)    
1/4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)                                        Sea Salt  1/4 tsp. (just a pinch)
1 whole lemon peeled (for juice)                                        Add: 1/2 Red Bell Pepper or 3 mint leaves if you like.

 Mix  it all together  Process until creamy.                                                                                                                         Last but not least:  drizzle with olive oil, paprika, and  if you like it hot use a little pinch of Cayenne!  I serve it  with Pan fried Zucchini cut lengthwise, and two small slices of 100% whole wheat Pita bread. ENJOY!                                                                         
Total 6/5 Value   Based on eating a  1/4 cup Hummus, 1 Whole Pita 2oz. and 1/2 cup cooked Zucchini.                                     

3 comments:

  1. Wow that looks good. I love Hummus. Did you figure out what the S/C value is? Would love to know. Have a great day:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a food processor and I think I have used it twice...lol That hummus does look really good. I always buy mine at trader joes just because I am not one to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Hope your week is going great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chick Peas 2/1 1/4 cup
    Sour cream 0/0 1 Tbsp.
    Tahini 0/1 2 Tbsp.
    Lemon 0/0 1 slice
    Red Bell 3/1 (based on whole mixture)
    olive oil 0/0
    1 pita bread 0/2 2oz.
    Zucchini 1/0 1/2 cup
    Total 6/5 Based on a 1/2 cup Hummus, 1 Whole Pita 2oz. and 1/2 cup cooked Zucchini.

    ReplyDelete