Bloom!

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Morning Spent Hunting for the Best Produce

On a clear day in Minnesota my nephew's wife is shaking hands with the President!  I don't know any other details involved in this, other than she's written this on her F.B page this morning.   That's a once in a lifetime opportunity!

I, on the other hand, woke up early this morning, picked my good friend up from her house, and headed to our local swap meet in town.   Every Saturday  the Vendor's set up their wares before sunrise so they can be  ready to sell anything,  and everything they have dreamed up!   They'll make some spare change,  and give the customer's  a choice, so "we"  don't have to pay high prices in the markets here!   I think some seller's just like to sit around and  "talk story" as the day goes by.

It was a  warm day walking around in the hot sun  as the afternoon approached,   and I did work up a little appetite by the time I drove home.  After lugging my  goods to the kitchen counter, I whipped up a Salsa made from  fresh tomatoes, green chili's,  green onions,  onion,  cilantro,   garlic cloves, chili powder, and added a pinch of sea salt (no recipe required).   I heated up the  refried beans (brand Rosarita Vegetarian), sprinkled one tortilla with cheese, and topped it off with lettuce, and of course,  plenty of Salsa.    Lunch was served and husband is kind of happy I am finally learning how to cook (wink). He gets to partake in the bounty!  Thinking you are all being victorious this week, and winning the battle of the bulge to some degree will really make my week.  I am coming off my 16th week on the BFC with zero change, and  now I'm going to expect good change over  my 17th week!  My reasoning for staying at ZERO loss and ZERO gain:  I think the body needs to adjust itself for the lost pounds for the past few weeks!  See:  Not a bad excuse, just some rational reasoning...

So here's the  skinny on the S/C Value  1 Mission Tortilla = S/C of 1/2.    1/2 Cup  Refried  Beans  S/C= 1/1     Everything else; cheddar cheese 1 oz.= zero,  tomato  medium 1/0,  onion  1/0    LUNCH  VALUE 4/3
My friends following the BFC lifestyle have informed me to try the Smart & Delicious Tortillas.  Their VALUE is 1/1.  The Mission Flour Tortillas I ate have a VALUE: 1/2. 
THE REAL KICKER IS: Flour Tortillas only have 1 gram of Fiber.  The Smart Tortillas I just bought at Costco have a whooping 12 grams of FIBER!  This will help you get to the recommended 25 to 30 grams of fiber a day!
THANKS GIRLS! 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. How many pounds have you lost since you have started? I am going on my 11th week and I am down 17 lbs. Love all the great pictures you have posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kasey, Sounds like it was fun, I wish I could go.
    Nest time try Smart and delicious wheat tortillas. They have a lot of fiber and are 1/1. I eat them all the time. Check the label on the mission ones. I thought I saw Amber post one time that they have sucralose in them?? Not sure?
    Sorry you haven't lost, this past week. But 0-0 is great also. :-) Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diana, I wasn't very active for the first/second month because I had that negging achillis tendon pain. It kept me from doing most activities (even walking much). I weighed myself first part of June, I was 188lb. I began keeping track on my calendar when I started the BFC on July 1(183.5lb.) I'm 171.2 tonight. My bod does the tortoise thing, but I'll get to the end! To Rosalie: No sucrose, but only 1gr. of fiber, and lots of other junk I can't pronounce. I haven't tried the Smart ones but now I will! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also eat the Smart & Delicious all the time too. I love your reasoning for the zero/zero, it's really a great way to think because it will come off, the slow and healthy way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kasey, I want to thank you for a couple of things. First, thank you for your patience as I try to figure all this blogging stuff out. Commenting is new to me too, and I hope I am doing this right, lol. We shall see, if I am, you will get my comment! ":^D Thank you too for posting my blog on your blogsite I would gladly do the same for you, if you can give me a clue how. And, thank you too for saying you thought my blog was inspiring. That was very kind of you and I deeply appreciate it. Like everyone else, I am working the BFC plan as best I can, dreaming my dreams and visualizing where I want to be in another 6 mo. I have enjoyed your blog so much, and I thank you again for including me in this terrific and courageous group of women. It takes real courage go for your dreams, again and again, despite failure, dispite negativity. Wishing you the very best. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the beautiful flowers! You are so lucky to live in such a beautiful place! I love how we all start just watching sugar/carbs and then it turns into so much more! I think veggies are the key to so many things now. Great post!

    ReplyDelete