Bloom!

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Home Away From Home

Sunday I'm flying off to my home town of San Diego to visit my folks.  I should be packing my one carry-on right now since this trip will be a short one.  Seven days total  and I'm sitting here typing away  a new blog to my buds.  My hubby is staying home with our three dogs, and one cat so they will be well fed and not terribly lonely.    It's pretty expensive for a round trip ticket to the mainland,  and this is why  I don't get back as often as I'd like to.  A few years ago I did make it back for a two week vacation, and had a great time visiting with everyone.  I called everyone before I flew in,   and met up with  my  roommates from my college days, we ate dinner out, and caught up after so many years of being apart.  It was great seeing everyone again, and time is never an issue with relationships that have formed a beautiful link from the past, and will continue into the future.

This time I'm going to hang out, and visit my Dad  (who recently retired), and my Mom who plays a mean game of Bridge with her friends, and is always on the go to watch a new Play in town.   My brother,  Uncle and a few cousins also live nearby and I want to get together with them as well.  It will be nice to get off this "Rock" for awhile, and not have to get up in the morning at 4:00am to rush off to work...

Jorge Cruise is always putting pictures of the places he's eating out in town on his F.B. site, and just recently he has mentioned a place called the Burger Lounge in Hillcrest.  The beef  comes from grass fed cows, and the salads look so ono (means good in Hawaiian).  Another one of his F.B. pictures shows a Farmer's Market also in Hillcrest that I'm going to track down and pay a visit too.  No tourist attractions like Sea World, Wild Animal Park, and the S.D. Zoo this time around.   I've been on a Plateau for the past few weeks now, and I think I need this change of venue to shake things up.  I want to keep making good choices so I can keep my Mom and Dad in the loop on current  health  issues!  Usually I approach vacations as a time to go all nuts,  and eat  three huge meals a day at the finest San Diego restaurants in town.  Maui has very few restaurants to chose from, where you're not paying an arm and a leg for a healthy meal.  I'm bringing back some Kona coffee and Mac Nuts for everyone.   I better get to packing, and doing some cleaning up around here today before I go.   So keep reaching to become fit and healthy, and be the inspiration in your household!

5 comments:

  1. I love San Diego such a beautiful place. I hope you enjoy your time with your parents. Glad your animals are going to be well taken care of. I always worry about my little babies while I am away on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful trip!! Enjoy the company and remember that its just food. nothing more than nourishment for our bodies. I keep telling myself that and it has helped remove the focus of the next meal. Keep in touch if you can & post pics!
    Hugs
    Sherri
    p.s Do you live in HI??? If so....that is my dream vacation spot!!!!!! Call me jealous! Or better yet....Im comin to visit! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kasey, I hope you have a great time. I am not that far away from San Diego. Chino Hills is about 1 1/2 hrs away. Let me know if u have time to visit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful time Kasey! How fortunate you are to still have your parents with you. Enjoy them to the max and let them enjoy you. You will find your way food wise. You have a strong foundation in the BFC and you know what you want to achieve. All of that will stand you in good stead, whatever the challenge. Don't worry about your "plateau". Things ARE happening with your body that are simply not evident as yet. Work your plan. Have faith in your body and yourself. Have a wonderful vacation!! You deserve it!! Wishing you the very best. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone! Sherri I do live on the island of Maui since 1979. To Rosalie, I might be making a day trip up to Temecula on the 11 or 12th to see visit a friend. Is Chino Hills near there? It would be nice to meet up!

    ReplyDelete