Bloom!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Products That Support Our Digestive Track, Also Support Our Skin, Hair, and Nails

Yesterday, a few days before Thanksgiving... Tuesday morning:  I wake up and off to work I go only hours later do I start feeling  tired, and aches begin in my joints.  By the end of the day I drive home, crawl into bed SICK!  Close to dinnertime, I wake up and eat a chic salad, drink some hot tea, call in sick for the following day, and then hit the sack again, it's 9:00 p.m.  My husband had this while I was visiting the mainland over a week ago, and those pesty germs must have lingered on.   We both had our flu shot for this year a little over a month ago too!  So what gives... 
We were invited  to spend Thanksgiving with our friends, and now I'm  home waiting to call them.  They're off work soon, and I'll let them know not to expect us for dinner.  My kitchen duties were to make the ice cream (BFC), and I was going to make sweet potato yams with apricots (Not BFC). 
It seems my appetite is still  pretty in tack, and I  ate breakfast this morning, a piece of Alvarado toast,  two eggs, and coffee.  Today's lunch was a nice Blackberry Salad with mozzarella, chick pea, cucumbers, orange sweet peppers, and purple onion.  Note:  Blackberry's are loaded full of antioxidants, and are a good source of fiber!  Over the weekend I went shopping in our local health food store, where I can get most anything (Mana Foods in Paia) and I walked out with an arsenal of products that contain live Probiotics, and Bioactive Enzymes, and  Omega 3.   These products are designed to help our bodies digestive track, skin, hair, and nails.  Barleen's was voted #1 best product of the year for FISH OIL.   The little clerk saw me reading the label and asked me if I wanted to try it.  She gave me a clean, plastic spoon and let me try the Mango Peach,  Chocolate Raspberry, and the Pina Coloda.  It's the best fish oil I've ever had, and the only fish oil I've ever had!   Disguised with Xylitol, and these amazing flavors  (the C.R. was too sweet) make it tasty.   I got two different flavors (smaller bottles), and take 2 tsp a day in my Fage yogurt or Protein Shake!   It's expensive stuff 17.95 for the small bottles, and about 23 -25.00 for the larger bottle.  I'm also sold on the Raw Protein Formula from Garden of Life.  It contains  Live Probiotics and Bioactive Enzymes, and has an ingredient called Chlorella, single cell green sea algae that bonds the toxins and assist the body in flushing out heavy metals, pesticides, and chemicals. Value: 0/3=1 scoop. Well enough science talk, my brain hurts, but  mostly when I cough...   Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Kasey, I am so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well! It sounds miserable, but hopefully will not last too long. There does seem to be a sort of fluey thing going around, here on the mainland too. My friend Paul had just the same symptoms you describe, and like you he had gotten a flu shot in Oct. Rest and drink lots of fluids and feel much better very soon. Concerning the rest of your post, I take fish oil, flax oil and probiotics too. My money is very tight so I buy inexpensive brands at Walmart, but they seem to work well anyhow. I think my hair and skin benefit and for sure my digestion does. Before begining on the BFC I had some digestive issues that are now GONZO and I could not be happier about that let me tell you, lol. HAPPY THANKSGIVING Kasey! Wishing you the very best. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Kasey, I hope you feel better and have a great Thanksgiving! I LOVE, Love, love your pictures on the right.
    Bye :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kasey~
    I am so sorry to hear that you have the flubug!! Do take care of yourself & by all means drink lots of fluids!!! Thinking of you today. Take care!!
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete