Bloom!

Friday, November 26, 2010

Thank You

What was I saying about this Thanksgiving in my former blog, that I was going to be thankful for everything...Monday I came down with that stinking flu when I was working, Tuesday I used a day of sick leave, Wednesday I worked all day feeling sicker than a dog, Thanksgiving Thursday I had  another splitting headache that didn't want to go away, and the coughing just made my head and chest feel like they were going to explode, and luckily I had this day off,  and today is Black Friday I have to work it because it's one of the busiest money making days of the year.  I was up most of the night with this frigen deep coughing, and at least my migraine type headache is finally gone this morning, but  my chest cavity hurts like the dickin's!  I can't get sick like this in my eighty's.  It will surely be my demise... How does our older generation  handle this?  Even that dang flu shot did nothing for me on this one, and it had the H1N1 also included in it.  I just hope to get through the day with cough meds,  and fortunately Saturday and Sunday are my regular days off  so I can shake this thing with lots of rest...
Remember when I said we were invited to our friends house for Thanksgiving?  We were planning on cooking together and then eating our meal together but I had to cancel and stayed in bed  most of the day.  She bagged a meal up for my husband and myself,  and  her husband delivered it to our doorstep!  Everything tasted so good, and my dear friend even made my pumpkin pie, and cheesecake with Xylitol!  My husband's pumpkin pie, and cheesecake had regular sugar in it, and it tasted exactly the same as mine. My friend is pretty surprised by this new fact.  Since she was recently diagnosed with Diabetes  and is  loosing weight too.   I've  turned her on to using Xylitol.  I may not be thankful for this flubug but out of everything that's happened this week, I am thankful for our friendship that began in 1979 when I first moved to the islands by myself.  She's pulled me up, and I have pulled her up many times in the past.  Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Kasey! I am so sorry to hear that this has been such a hard week for you! Gosh girl, you should be home & in bed. I will say a prayer for you that this bug shakes soon. Take care & hope you feel better real soon!!
    ((Sherri)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kasey, So sorry to hear you have been sick. I just got over that stomach flu just a couple of weeks ago. Man as we get older it is harder on us. Hope you can enjoy a nice relaxing weekend..take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Kasey, I hope you will feel better by Monday. What a nice friend you have! Just rest and feel better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind words. I made it through the day just as my head started to get a stabbing pain in my temple. Came home and took some pain meds and can't feel it now. What I can't figure out is how I gained 2 lbs. I wasn't eating that much all week. Our Turkey dinner I didn't take huge portions. Must be all that sleeping I was doing...

    ReplyDelete