Bloom!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

21 WEEKS FOLLOWING THE BELLY FAT CURE

Today I'm ending my 21st week of following The Belly Fat Cure lifestyle, and I am twenty pounds lighter than when I began on July 1, 2010.  Jorge Cruise, #1 New York Times best selling author wrote this lifestyle plan for those of us who are Carb lovers!  The Carb Swap System is his trademark eating method that guarantees you will automatically steer clear of foods full of the sweeteners and processed carbohydrates that chronically keep insulin levels high and belly fat present.  Each day your total eating goal needs to be 15 grams of sugar and 6 servings of carbohydrates. Calculate carbohydrates: 5 to 20 grams = 1 serving;  21 to 40 grams = 2 servings;  41 to 60 grams = 3 servings.  After about a week or so it becomes easy to remember this when you start reading labels on the food products you are buying.   Another key is to keep your three main meals close to 5 grams of sugar or less, and  Carbs @ 40 grams or less, that is 2 Serving size,  three times a day. ( Eat two snacks such as walnuts, macadamia nuts, almonds, and other sugarless snacks!  No fakes sugars of any kind!
Getting this weight off has  improved my overall health.  I am going for my next twenty pounds, and I wish I could say that I've lost it already! Time is an issue and it involves setting small goals, and sticking to them.  Once you get the drift of the recommended daily S/C Value of 15/6 in your head, your belly will catch up, and it becomes a lifestyle!  So keep trying...
I think it's a good idea to get your hands on the BFC book, not only for it's information, but also for the great Recipes, the Food Items List with  the S/C Values, including the very important Serving Size. This could be why some people aren't seeing a decrease in their weight. This weeks Face Book page has Jorge showing off his abs, and he said, he's doing the 8 -minute AB Sculptor that is found in his book. I better start those because my stomach still looks like mashed potatoes!   All I can say is,  I'm trying...
Have a great week and keep trying to live healthy, and find your inner joy!  After all it's the Holidays!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kasey, you are doing so great. I know you will see that next 20 come off in no time. have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kasey, you are doing a great job. I think it is great to set small goals so you dont feel so overwhelmed. You will have that next twenty off and no more mashed potatoes...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. My stomach still looks like mashed potatoes too Kasey! A smaller pile, but still a pile none the less. I refuse to be discouraged however. Smaller is GOOD! Smaller is better than I have ever done before and I am happy to say so. I think you are absolutely right about setting small goals and continuing to keep on keeping on. Me too. Wishing you the very best always. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kasey I started Aug 9th so 4 months today. I cant wait to post those pictures. I am down about 23lbs and have lost lots of inches all over.

    ReplyDelete