Bloom!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

THE GIFT

A few weeks ago I was shopping in Costco and stopped by the watch and jewelry glass case near the beginning of the aisles.  I've been thinking about getting a heart and pace monitor watch, that I once wore over ten years ago when I was exercising with it on.  It has a strap that  fits around your chest area where your sternum is, and it measures your heart beat,  and relays this information to the watch that comes with it.  You set your age, weight, and it sets your target  goal  for burning fat.     When you are exercising aerobically, or go out on your walks it will beep to let you know you need to speed up,  and it will beep when your heart is racing, and you need  to slow it down  because then you are being ineffectual, and your heart is pumping too hard.  It's an ideal tool for weight loss because it keeps your work outs within your targeted  "fatburning''  stage.  Whether you are taking  twenty minute walks, which is suggested for health benefits on a daily basis, or doing a  run for those athletes that are more aerobically fit, or if you're taking an Aerobic lesson such as a Zumba class this is an effective tool to use.
Now back to my story: My husband kept texting me to go to Costco and pick the one I'd seen up for at least several weeks now, and that would be his Christmas gift to me!   It took me that long to think about getting it,  because I was still wondering if I would  use it or not.  The one I'd seen was a Nike brand, and it looked like a good one for about $65.00.  I went to Sport Authority and there range was anywhere from 69.00 up to 200.00.  You know what they say about people who put things off;  if you snooze you lose!  As of yesterday they no longer had it, and oh they do have the two hundred dollar one,  but not the one I wanted.  I will have to wait to get one somewhere else, if not I'll go to the  Sports Authority's After Christmas Sale.  
Now yesterday after work I stopped by Costco for a bag of dog food, and other produce, and my husband had gotten  the same idea two hour earlier, and  he also picked up a bag of dog food, and most of the same items that I had gotten. He did send me a text message that he was going to Costco, and I left my cell phone in my truck and  missed his message by minutes.  He said he also looked for the watch  while he was there and didn't see it,  so instead he walked up to me with a HUGE can of  Brown & Haleys MACADAMIA ROCA!   He said, "here Merry Christmas, I know how much you like these".  I handed them right back to him and said Merry Christmas, I'm sure you'll enjoy these." MEN! It's taken me months to loose 20 pounds, and I'm still in the ball park.  One 32 oz can, did I mention HUGE, would be my demise, since I can't eat just one!  Three little pieces have 16 grams of sugar, and 17 carbs.  We are eating on the BFC plan,  15 grams or less of Sugar per day, and this includes three meals and two snacks! Entering into the New Year lighter, and brighter!

4 comments:

  1. I know you husband meant well but good job on passing those up. It is so hard to lose the weight and no time to gain it back and eating a can full of goodies would do me in as well. I hope you find your monitor. I have been wanting a body bug but dont like the $300 price tag. Merry Christmas and I am looking forward to a happier and smaller New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I opened my best friends present to me today, and yes, she bought the New Balance monitor I'd seen at Costco. She said they only had that one left. I thought it had Nike on it, but it's actually New Balance. I feel bad because she wanted one too, but that was all they had. So tomorrow morning we are going out shopping to the after Christmas Sales to look for another type for her. Funny how things work out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEy Kasey! Merry Christmas!!! How wonderful that your friend is so in tune with you that she got that monitor for you....and yes, I agree with Diana, the hubby did mean well with the macadamia goodies. They are just clueless sometimes and from time to time we need to remind them. I hope you have a great day hitting the sales & get lots of great bargains!!
    Keep in touch!
    Love
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kasey, I hope you had a great christmas. Good job on passing the candy. I know that's hard. :-)

    ReplyDelete