Bloom!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

NEW YEAR'S BLISS

The Shopping hype was started by the million and zillion stores who are currently trying to outwit each other with the latest and greatest sale!  It helps to hold onto the reins during these crazy times to keep from going into debt.  It's also a good time to hold onto the reins during the Holiday festivities and to resist the sugars that  seem to come in every shape and form, and quite literally float in the air with their alluring scent.    The other day I  heard either on the radio, or the television;  that the average American gains four pounds during the Holiday Season.  Get this,  the weight never comes off,  and  it begins to accumulate year after year.  Unless of course you naturally have self control,  diet all the time,  or you're a Gym Rat, and you never leave a good treadmill behind.  
I'm proud to say that my horse literally didn't run away with me this year!  I didn't over indulge in shopping (basically because I was already broke),  nor did I give into the alluring aroma of my favorite Mac Nut candy, and all the other bad Belly Fat foods that have  helped me self destruct  in the past.   A  better word, SELF INDULGE!  I must say it,  I feel great about both hurdles!  I am worth this race, and I'm going to win it!
Instead of gaining four pounds,  I've lost four pounds in this month.  (December).  I didn't take any diet pills, didn't need to,  nor do I want to lose weight that way.  I  am learning  how to eat, so I will never be an obese person again.  I will do it naturally, using healthy information,  and my goal is to lose another thirty pounds either by my birthday in March, or most likely by my start date of July 1,  my one year anniversary on the BFC.  I'm not a fast loser,  but I'm a loser all the same!
My two favorite Christmas gifts are coming in pretty handy, so maybe shopping  is a necessary evil.    I've gotten used to the weight of my ShapeUps during my evening walks,  and my New Balance "heart rate monitor''  watch are proving to be quite useful tools while I follow the eating plan of The Belly Fat Cure book, authored by Jorge Cruise.  I'm walking a total of 45 minutes, and using our Elliptical another 30 minutes.  This combination is making me feel  in control, stronger, and fiercely motivated to change myself as I enter into the New Year.  HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU WHO WANT CHANGE!  MAY YOU FIND PURE BLISS THIS COMING YEAR.   BLISS   1.) complete happiness  2.) heaven or paradise.  

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kasey!!
    Great Post!! Good for you for staying in control over christmas. That is a huge victory and to say that you lost weight....even better! I didnt have any problems with control this year because of my stomach flu but normally, I could definitely pack on the pounds over the holidays. I used to make oodles of cookies before, this year I made 3 types. I asked my family what they wanted and thats what I made. cutouts (had a couple of those but not in the same day), reese surprise(havent had even one bite!) and choc chip (havent eaten one of those either and didnt even sample the dough!) A huge victory for this girl.
    Anyways, good for you for staying so focused on your goal. We are in it to win it and no matter how long it takes we will do this together!! We have the nicest group of blogging buddies to keep us on track and I personally think leaning on each other, especially through those hard times (I had a whole month full of crap!), have been very helpful.
    Keep on truckin in those shape ups!!!
    Happy NEw Year and NEW YOU my friend!
    Love
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kasey, You should be so proud of yourself for being in control over the holidays. Not many people can say that they lost instead of gaining eating all the sugar laden food this time of year. Great job on your walking and doing the eliptical....I hope to get back to my exercise program once my health gets back.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kasey, That is so great that you lost this past month instead of gaining. I know you can and will continue losing to get to your goal. Have a happy New Year. :-)

    ReplyDelete