Bloom!

Saturday, December 18, 2010

All I Want For Christmas Is My... Thirty Pounds Gone!

Every year I have good intentions to mail my gifts ahead of time so they will make it to the mainland before Christmas.  Today I find myself standing in a gigantic line, package in hand in the Post Office, on a lovely Saturday morning.  I was happy when I made it out the doors leaving my box in good hands,  minutes before their doors closed at 11:00 sharp!    Doesn't the U.S. Postal Service realize we work during the day, and that there hours of operation are not conducive to mailing anything out that requires a scale and  postage.  Saturday is the day we are home, wrapping, mailing, and running around frantically looking for a roll of Scotch Tape.  We don't need the P.O. to close their doors on Saturday @ 11:00a.m.  Banks have moved up into the twentieth century, they now stay open  on Saturdays to 3:00 p.m., and amazingly some are open on Sunday.  It might not be the Internet, and emailing that is bringing the U.S. Postal Service down, it may just very well be those lousy hours they are willing to stay open. Just an observation...
I did manage to get my Christmas shopping done early for one person in particular.  Yes, it's me.  I'm the easiest person to shop for  because I know exactly what I think I need.  This year it happened while I was shopping in my favorite store, The Ross Store.  We did get one of those over here about ten years ago, and it's like going on an African Safari hunt.  I can stay in this store for about two hours when I'm in the shopping mood (guys you might not know what this feels like), and I can leave with plenty of items I absolutely can't live without.  Okay I could live without most of it, but I tell myself I work hard, and I am worth it!
This time I came home with my early Christmas present and they are the new Skechers Athletic Shoes called SHAPE-UPS. They have a little tag attached that list the benefits of these amazing sneakers!   Are you ready for this? The tag says, they may * Burn more calories  *Strengthen the back  *Firm calf and buttock muscles  *Tone and firm thigh muscles  *Increase cardiovascular health  *Improve posture * Reduce joint and back stress. These are some pretty amazing claims, and there are more claims but I'm too tired to type them all out.  My favorite reads - Get in Shape Without Setting Foot In A Gym.  Okay, these better work since I don't have enough money this year to spend on a gym membership.  All I know so far is this;  I took my dogs for a walk up our hill and these shoes weigh so much more than I'm used too, thus causing me to feel more tired, and my breathing increased, as we made it to the top. However I do like the fact that they make me a whole inch or two taller, they are brand new, and pretty looking for a shoe, and they also seem to cut down on the impact from the pavement.  More to follow as I observe them.  Thank You Santa!   Girls, I hope Santa is good to each one of you because you're on his Good List!  MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HOLIDAYS, AND  MELE KALIKIMAKA!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it through the postal line without going postal....lol. And glad you got to do some shopping for yourself. I watched a program that did a review on those sketchers and they said not to waste your money, but I have heard people swear by them. Hope they work for you at least the weight of them will give you a workout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Kasey!! I work with a couple of gals who wear the shape ups & they love them. I am rather clumsy & I am afraid that I will trip & fall & kill myself, chip my teeth or break a bone....so I am hesitant to buy them. Let us all know what you think and if they make a difference. And yes indeed my dear..you are worth every penny...and then some!! I too am making some changes in 2011. (check out my blog) too much to type here.
    You keep up the hard work because it is going to pay off!!
    Love ya!
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete