Bloom!

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Cauliflower Pizza Crust

Step 1: Shred a fresh head of Cauliflower. I bought an inexpensive Blacker and Decker Food Processor,  you can use a large cheese shredder, and make it the size of rice.

Step 2: Mix together the following ingredients:
2 Cups riced/shredded Cauliflower
1/2 Cup Mozzarella
1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese
1 Egg
2 cloves of fresh Garlic

Step 3: Spread the mixture to about 1/2 inch thick oblong shape or circle,  like you would dough on a lightly (olive oil) greased pizza pan or cookie sheet. Bake 350 degree for about 20 minutes. I like my crust to be a nice golden brown on top, so I set the dial to broil the last 2 - 3 minutes.  Watch it so it won't burn...

Step 4: Add your favorite toppings, making sure to use a low sugar sauce, and then bake 350 degree,  until  the cheese has  melted. Probably about 10 minutes. Slice it  up and serve.
Note:  I'm not big on red sauce so I have used the Sun dried Tomatoes in a bottle from Costco (8 pieces chopped up).  I then  chop Green, Red, or Orange Bell Peppers, Zucchini, fresh Spinach leaves, onions, mushrooms, and top with Mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese.   If you like this pizza,  make it a different way using  Cheddar Cheese topping over your veges.  I also read another recipe using Zucchini as the crust but I haven't tried it this way yet.   I think it's great for those who want glutton free food items, and for some of us who really love our vegetables. I take it to work the next day because it's super healthy, and taste good cold.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you like my recipe for cauliflower pizza! Here is the original recipe with pictures for anyone who wants to see from where the recipe originated.

    http://www.examiner.com/low-carb-in-national/cauliflower-pizza-crust-worth-its-wow-gold

    Fondly,
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Jamie! I've made it several times, and it has always come out really tasty. I originally got it from Amber's blog site - Me and Jorge. So it's gotten around. Do you have other recipes? I will go to your site and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one recipe I have tried a couple of times and thought I liked but after eating a slice I realized I just cant eat any more if. I know it is a better version then pizza since it is made of veggies, but if I am gonna have some pizza I have to use either a pita pocket or naan flat bread. But I have heard many people love this recipe.

    ReplyDelete