Bloom!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

JORGE CRUISE RECIPES

I am struggling this past week, and the scale is showing signs of my stress!  Up three pounds from my 167lb.  My two year old washer is now officially broken, and had been leaking underneath it for about  a week, maybe two weeks now, before the floor started showing signs of sponginess, and now it looks like ceramic tile was the better choice for this area.  Luckily I have enough left over tile from two years ago still sitting in the corner waiting for me to get my second wind back so I'll do something with it.  Two years ago I finished our kitchen/family room remodel with my best friends help.  My contractors worked on the hardest parts in our kitchen, such as the plumbing, electrical, drywall, hanging cabinets, laying granite, and our lighting.  My friend helped me paint, and lay the hardwood floors in our family room, and in the laundry area, and  I laid the tile in our kitchen and pantry floors.   I drove to the dump over thirty times that year, and threw a counter top up on my truck that slide across and busted  my back window out in the process.  I never felt so tired in all my life as when I was working full time, and renovating.  I feel like I've been hibernating for the past several years. Now our plumbing in our bathroom sink is stopping up, Drano is not helping, our shower faucet is leaking from the spout and near nothing is coming from the overhead spray...  Cry, Cry, Cry, Cry, Cry. Plus I already can't stand the holidays...
Okay somebody stop me right here!   My blessings are: I better COUNT THEM:  I have a roof over my head, too much to eat, a warm cozy bed, clothes on my back, a truck that runs (with gas in it), shoes on my feet, a job, a paycheck, health coverage, a 401, 3 weeks vacation a year, co-workers,  friends, and a family who loves me most of the time!  Okay I'll shut up now.  WOW, I have a lot plus the three pounds I don't want! 
Maybe this will help create a spark!   Sometimes we learn by reading books, or some of us learn by a more visual approach and this is why Jorge's site on You Tube is a nice change to sink our teeth in to. For example;  he has all his recipes, and messages on video. It helps to see how he makes his delicious shakes,  and all the products he uses.  So go to You Tube on the Internet, and type in Jorge Cruise.   He has a lot of good information to absorb.  I've got to get a grip, and I've got to get my second wind back in following the BFC plan more accurately because I'm eating the BFC way, but I am pigging out at the same time.  For some reason my appetite seems to have made a change from feeling satisfied,  to feeling hungry all the time.  Hot Tea helps but not all the time. Maybe it has to do with a lack of eating a lot of fresh vegetables, because I haven't been eating them like I was before.   Back to the drawing board then.    To the Girls, how do you do it when you just don't feel like doing it?

5 comments:

  1. I am sorry for you stress. It does seem to come when we dont need it. But hey you know how to lose it and it will come off. Sometimes when stress hits I have to just go for a walk or to the gym that is what seems to help me. Call a friend just so you can vent or just like you did blog about it. I have watched every single video Jorge has on You Tube and have tried a few of his recipes. Just remember you can do this one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kasey, Like Diana said, You CAN do this! I know it feels real hard right now and I keep you in my thoughts. In the past 10 1/2 months while dieting, I too have gone thru a lot of not so nice stuff. I just stayed focused and realized I wanted to lose weight more. I separated my emotions from my food. Its ok to cry - just not with a bowl of ice cream. LOL! It will get better and you will lose that 3lbs and more back.
    Have a good day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girls! My angels with words of wisdom and bodies to prove it. I will hold onto your words Diana and Rosalie because my day started out good. I made Jorge's shake this morning before leaving for work. It was a great shake. BUT THEN I went on my break to McDonald's. Ordered an Egg McMuffin with a "small" Carmel Frappe. OMG the Frappe has a S/C Value 56/62. The Egg McMuffin has a S/C Value 3/30. Grand Total = S/C 59/5. I didn't see their Nutrition Information on the back of the paper until I finished eating it, and then went to throw my trash away. Four Days of Sugar in one sitting! Now I SEE why I am gaining, because I am blind to the ridiculous notion I was ordering a size SMALL, what could that do! OUCH! A lesson well learned the hard way! I'm going to blog about fast foods next for those of us with thick heads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved how you counted your blessings Kasey. I do that often especially when I feel down and powerless to change things. When things get really hard I slow everything down for myself. One meal at a time. One moment at a time. I am not crazy about the holidays either, but by Jan 2 we will be done with them and moving on! I think Rosalie is right about separating food from your emotions, much easiser said than done though. I am still working on it with limited success, lol. I have found when I am hungry beyond what I should be eating, what I need is protein. First I try water or tea, since hunger sometimes actually means thirst. Then I try protein, which nearly always works. Some thin sliced turkey or string cheese. I think your suggestion about watching Jorge's videos on youtube is an excellent one. They are motivating. Hang in there Kasey, WE CAN DO THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl!!! First,LOVE that you dressed the poochies up for the holidays!! Too cute!! Dont feel bad about falling off the wagon. Tomorrow is a new day and we can push the restart button right now & make everything right again. Dont beat yourself up. We are only human. So proud of you for seeing the blessings....but I didnt see my name listed...(haha!! JK!)
    Keep the faith my friend!!! The new year will be here soon & I am looking forward to leaving 2010 behind (it wasnt a good year @ all!!)and going into 2011 with a new hope of reaching our personal goals! We can do this and we are here for each other!
    Hang in there...and push restart now!!
    Love ya!
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete